THQ: Buying used games is cheating

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
THQ's Cory Ledesma has delivered a blunt message to consumers buying used copies of his company's games: they're cheating the publisher out of money.

"I don't think we really care whether used game buyers are upset because new game buyers get everything", THQ's creative director for wrestling titles told Gamasutra. "So if used game buyers are upset they don't get the online feature set I don't really have much sympathy for them".

"That's a little blunt but we hope it doesn't disappoint people. We hope people understand that when the game's bought used we get cheated".

Little risky going after the consumer with this argument. Target GameStop all you want for making the industry so dependent on used game sales, but Average Joe buying the things just wants a cheaper game. Who knows, maybe - heaven forbid - he can't afford $50-60 for a video game!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
They aren't the only company doing this and it's unfair to everyone especially those who play single player games. These fools should charge a set price for the game and then charge whatever they are going to charge for the online multiplayer experience.

Game = $50
Online pass = $5-$15

Why should I have to pay $65 for features that I don't want and clearly don't use?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
They aren't the only company doing this and it's unfair to everyone especially those who play single player games. These fools should charge a set price for the game and then charge whatever they are going to charge for the online multiplayer experience.

Game = $50
Online pass = $5-$15

Why should I have to pay $65 for features that I don't want and clearly don't use?

Jul 9, 2007
^^ I mostly only play single player games too thats why I just download them. The only company making any money off me is the blank DVD manufacturer. LOL like 2 bucks a disc.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005

Game = $50
Online pass = $5-$15

Apr 25, 2002
fUCK thq. there best games were WCW/NWO Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. Ever since then there WWE games have been so terrible. The reason people buy THQ games used is cuz there trash...

Feb 28, 2008
That's fucking stupid. EVERY company no matter what their sellin always have people sellin there shit used. Idk why you would attack the only people keepin ur dumbass fed.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
I went around to diff. gamestops and stole the manuals to UFC '10...got like 5 of 'em until one worked.

Got that other code too for UFC forgot what it was so now if I decide to buy the game later, I'm homefree

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
im pretty sure, i bought dragon age origins from them and it had a code in there. they dont ship out the cases when you rent games from them so the case and manual is untouched, unless a gamefly employee takes the codes.
oh naw...we talking mulitplayer codes

Thats what THQ means, just like EA

So if you buy a used UFC '10 and the code on the manual already redeemed, you have to pay another $10 or whatever to play online if you so desire