Simcity 5 10 min gameplay "strategy" trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Anyone else get a beta invite? This was the first SimCity game I've seriously played. It seems fun and I can see myself getting lost in this game for hours. Since it's new to me the depth of it compared to the previous games doesn't really affect me too much.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Well I got the game. Don't know if any of you have heard but no one is able to play the game.
You have to have a constant online connection into ea's servers. The downside to this is so many people are trying to play the game no one can get on a server! I honestly believe I'm one of the few that's actually played the game with no problems. I initially installed it on my laptop, was runnin choppy. Installed it on my music pc and its runnin like a champ.
Game is sweet and a time killer. You can run thru 4 hours on this game easy. I'm workin on building an international airport and its a bitch. Ima have to build 3 or 4 more cities, have each city specialize in oil, metals, etc then export/import.
Cop the game once they fix the issues. Ea said they giving everyone who copped a free game download.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Well I got the game. Don't know if any of you have heard but no one is able to play the game.
You have to have a constant online connection into ea's servers. The downside to this is so many people are trying to play the game no one can get on a server! I honestly believe I'm one of the few that's actually played the game with no problems. I initially installed it on my laptop, was runnin choppy. Installed it on my music pc and its runnin like a champ.
Game is sweet and a time killer. You can run thru 4 hours on this game easy. I'm workin on building an international airport and its a bitch. Ima have to build 3 or 4 more cities, have each city specialize in oil, metals, etc then export/import.
Cop the game once they fix the issues. Ea said they giving everyone who copped a free game download.
Are you trying to build all the cities in your region on a private server? And hell yeah this thing is a time killer. I check my clock and realize it's the next day lol.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i hope the sc community comes out with as much custom content for this as they did with simcity 4. that game is nearly 10 years old and still has a really high replay value.

::
Update
Somebody actually broke the code and was able to place streets outside the city border. They also found the terraform tool and they did all of this while offline. The issue with modding is that since you have to be online and tapped into origin that may be a violation of the rules. So hopefully someone can take the origin elements out of the game so we can get some serious modding!
I'm on my 3rd city in my region, I tried to make it like a suburb, but its grimy as hell. My jail is halfway full of thugs.