"RED RINGS OF DEATH SOLVED"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2006
yeah i saw this and was wondering does that mean most of the models being released now will not get it? im planning to get the elite and if this is the case i wont get that 2 year warranty

Jan 2, 2004
It won't necessarily fail. I know one person who has an xbox that hasn't failed.. so yeah. he's had it since launch too.. But I guess. 9 out of 10 will fail.. But I guess its fixed now.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
I GOT A 360 FOR CHRISTMAS.I USE IT BOUT 10-15 HOURS A WEEK.SERIOUSLY DO I HAVE 2 WORRY BOUT THE RED RINGS OF DEATH??
http://www.product-reviews.net/2008/12/01/will-the-jasper-xbox-360-conquer-rrod/

The RROD on the Xbox 360 is no laughing matter, as it has caused so much pain for both Microsoft and gamers. Microsoft know that they have failed their customers, but have been very slow on coming up with a solution to the problem. Thankfully there is an answer at hand, and that is with the new Jasper version of the 360.

The Red Ring of Death was caused by a number of things, firstly the old 90nm chips overheated due to thermal fatigue. Microsoft had tried to offer a fix to this by adding improved heat sinks, but it was still covering up the problem.

The new 65nm Jasper graphics chip is much smaller, allowing it to fit on the motherboard nicely. The chip will run much cooler as it uses much less power, hopefully there should not be as many system failures. It is not certain if the new Jasper will eradicate the RROD forever, but it shows that Microsoft have now taken a step in the right direction.

The new Jasper graphics chip started to roll out in new Xbox 360 consoles in October 2008, once stores sell the last of their old stock then they will start to stock consoles with this new chip in.

The power brick that comes with a "jasper" console has 150w. The jasper consoles GPU and CPU are 65nm. You can find this on the GPU and CPU but it involves you opening the console thus voiding your warranty.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
not to jinx myself but my shits been all good for 6 months
Yeah i remember comein on here sayin my shit was coo too.. Had it for like a year n half.. And it wasnt even the RROD that ended up gettin me, it was tha Disc Reading Error... They sent me a brand new xbox, and now that shit's hella rumbleing and makeing hella weird noses when first starting up.. heh

WayCide-Ridah

Evergreen Hustlah
Sep 13, 2005
Tha Eva Green
i wuz pissed cuz microsoft couldn't take my order to fix my used one...but then out of the blue i gotta call on my voice mail telling me i could now place a fix order...the 1800 number says now u can fix it for cheap with an online order...still have yet to get to place it though....was gonna have this one dude fix it but he stopped taking my calls n' gots me wondering if he cheated some foo's out of some cash by trying to fix them