Playstation 4 ... my thoughts

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
so i broke down and bought one since they were back in stock and i figured fuck it since i dont have any kids ...i would treat myself to a PS4...

first impressions after opening

the console itself is smaller than the ps3 slim design and looks just as plain and generic with the matte plastic finish...

2 usb ports...really? only 2

the controller is nice, feels just as plastic and cheap, lightweight ..but also feels very slick ..like it could leave the hands even by accident ..the controllers sticks feel better though as they are recessed in so my thumbs dont slide off...a problem i would have with drinking a beer sometimes while playing

the main menu is ok...nothing special..PSN is currently at a lack of content for the PS4 and i am disappointed that my PSN downloadable games cant be transferred over to play ...im not mad at the ps3 disc based games...but really the downloadable games should have been acceptable in my eyes

currently i still use my PS3 more lol

Jun 11, 2004
I've heard people complain about both consoles needing to download and set shit up for like 6 hours just to play a fucking video game for the first time. Makes me think both consoles are trying to do too much instead of just play video games. I give a fuck about the social networking and other shit. I already have cable a cell phone and a computer I really dont want anything else just a fuckin beastly game engine. Is that too simple?

Jun 12, 2003
I just copped one on sunday..but returned it on moday,because It doesn't even play 3d movies..weak shit lol....and there is no games either really..i guess I should have done more research on it,before I got it..am jus gunna wait till next year to get another one.

Props: Kon1 and Kon1

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
yeah, so far the game selection is blah...this whole "upgrade" ps3 to ps4 thing for 10 is bullshit...PSN selection for downloadable games and apps is weak...these are things i would have expected to have at launch so that i feel better with purchase while i wait for solid ps4 releases to begin rolling out

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
I've been a Microsoft/xbox guy for the longest. My son is now old enough to where he took the video gaming over. We decided to try something different and went with ps4. I won't get into the whole drama of finding one before Xmas, I'll just get to my review. I hate the menu, the fact that the games have to be downloaded first? We tried to play FIFA and madden and had to wait almost an hour before we could even get online. My son likes the fact that he can record himself playing and upload the games.
Like others said on here, I don't give a shit about the social media, netflix or nothing like that. The graphics are nice, we'll see how it goes. I'm a sports guy and cannot wait for mlb the show to come out

Jun 24, 2005
I've been a Microsoft/xbox guy for the longest. My son is now old enough to where he took the video gaming over. We decided to try something different and went with ps4. I won't get into the whole drama of finding one before Xmas, I'll just get to my review. I hate the menu, the fact that the games have to be downloaded first? We tried to play FIFA and madden and had to wait almost an hour before we could even get online. My son likes the fact that he can record himself playing and upload the games.
Like others said on here, I don't give a shit about the social media, netflix or nothing like that. The graphics are nice, we'll see how it goes. I'm a sports guy and cannot wait for mlb the show to come out
Games on both PS4 and Xbox One have to be installed. From what people have said, it's a lot quicker on PS4 than on Xbone.

Oct 3, 2006
Games on both PS4 and Xbox One have to be installed. From what people have said, it's a lot quicker on PS4 than on Xbone.
Maybe, but the XBone still lets you play the game being installed after a couple of minutes. It's not too bad. I am thinking the PS4 lets you do the same thing?