Persona 4: 1:16 First Impressions...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I must say that I'm already impressed. I had a fear in the back of my mind that this would be too identical to P3. While I did enjoy P3, after putting over 100+ hours into it I'm ready for something new. Safe to say it isn't. It does have obvious connections but they've managed to change enough to give this game it's own unique idenity. I can't comment on the voice acting because I'm playing the undub but the soundtrack is awesome, so far 8/10, visuals are awesome 9/10, story so far is a solid 7.5/10 (I assume this will get better as I'm only a bit over an hour into it) pacing is going good too. I believe I'm going to spend all my free time from the next month playing this game. Highly recomended so far.

I'll update once I get further involved. I haven't even found the first dungeon yet. Very story driven game.

So far I'd give it a 8/10

Sep 1, 2003
i was playin this shit but the ps2 died, shit won't turn on anymore but it's over 7 years old. lol.

anyway yeah it's pretty good.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I'm a bit further in. I'm really enjoying it. It seems like they took all the complaints that people had about P3 and fixed them. I'm still on the first dungeon so I don't know if it's like P3 dungeon as just 1 dungeon or if it's alot of different dungeons throughout the "other" world. The dungeon does seem to play more like a DDS dungeon though. Which brings me to the soundtrack which is awesome. It's a mix of DDS1 and P3 with some new stuff too. Also for a SMT game the encounter rate seems to be really low.

Only complaints I have so far is I really don't care for most of the charachter designs and the whole TV thing is kinda gay.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
hey smurf,you heard of shin tegami tensei:imagine?

im not a MMO fan but would love to see that universe played out in a MMO

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
hey smurf,you heard of shin tegami tensei:imagine?

im not a MMO fan but would love to see that universe played out in a MMO
Yea I have. I thought it was suppost to come out on PS3 but it doesn't look like that's happening. I've been wanting to play it for like a year but since I can't read japanese I can't exactly do that.

Doesn't look like we're going to get Devil Summoner 2 either. :(

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-7s-49-en-15-shin+megami+imagine-84-j-70-2foz.html

oh yea & http://www.megatenonline.com/