MLB : THE SHOW / Other MLB Games (2014)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I played mlb the show 12 and 13 as a first base power hitter in road to the show mode. Shit is pretty fuckin hard lol. When I get real high and drunk my average plummets like crazy and I strikeout a lot. There is a shit ton of baseball in these games. If I didn't set the options to skip teammates at bats and fielding opportunities and all that each game would be like two hours lol. I can't even imagine trying to manage a team or build a dynasty or play full team seasons or any of that. Way too complex. The show is for pretty serious baseball fans only and is hard as fuck. Unless you turn down the difficulty or use the gameplay sliders but cheating takes the fun out of the game

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
^^ I agree with a lot of what you said.

The thing with the Show and NBA 2k13, I feel like they at least give you your money's worth. There is so much that can be done, and the length of their respective seasons, you get a ton of gameplay time. Hearing about some of the games these days that people beat in the first week, or even month, is basically impossible. But because there is so much value, and so little is often changed, I usually only buy games like this every other year and have to suffer through some of the outdated rosters, but usually by then I'm so far into my season of whatever I'm playing that it almost doesn't matter. The biggest thing is when a rookie or rookies show up in the league in the year you bought the game, and they aren't any good until the following year on the video game.

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
^^ I agree with a lot of what you said.

The thing with the Show and NBA 2k13, I feel like they at least give you your money's worth. There is so much that can be done, and the length of their respective seasons, you get a ton of gameplay time. Hearing about some of the games these days that people beat in the first week, or even month, is basically impossible. But because there is so much value, and so little is often changed, I usually only buy games like this every other year and have to suffer through some of the outdated rosters, but usually by then I'm so far into my season of whatever I'm playing that it almost doesn't matter. The biggest thing is when a rookie or rookies show up in the league in the year you bought the game, and they aren't any good until the following year on the video game.
True. I got like 200 hours out of each game and only played like 7 total seasons. If I wanted to play from AA rookie to retired hall of famer I'd have to play two or three hours a day for like a year lol. And that's just one game mode.

And yeah the outdated rosters really hurt... I'm on the mariners with no cano, no hart no walker no iwakuma no paxton. Brendan ryan on the team hitting like .160 lol. The only pitchers I recognize are felix hernandez and elias; and elias has a 7 era right now lol. I shoulda just got traded to texas so I could hit 50 HR a year in their easy mode ball park.

I wish they'd add little details like I saw with 2k basketball... media asking you questions and going to the gm to complain about other players and stuff... designing your own shoes and inking endorsements. It sounds petty and pointless but stuff like that would be rewarding. As it is the amount of money you have is pointless. It'd be nice adding little things to make your character feel like he's made it like buy yourself a mansion or little things like that

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
True... it'd make it so much more rewarding to play and give the game more life. Shit add in curtain calls too. I hit the cycle once and they didn't even say anything about it. Fuckin bullshit! I want to see him walk onto the field and raise his hat to the crowd. I wanna get mobbed at home plate after hitting a walkoff hit or HR lol. It happens but its just a corny mini celebration. Id rather get gatorade baths and fireworks. I want a goddamned statue or something for breaking all time records. Having the announcers go crazy for stuff like that is a lot better than playing for months just to hear "and he's now passed the all time leader mark in hits." And that's it lol

The media interviews would be so sweet.

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
True... it'd make it so much more rewarding to play and give the game more life. Shit add in curtain calls too. I hit the cycle once and they didn't even say anything about it. Fuckin bullshit! I want to see him walk onto the field and raise his hat to the crowd. I wanna get mobbed at home plate after hitting a walkoff hit or HR lol. It happens but its just a corny mini celebration. Id rather get gatorade baths and fireworks. I want a goddamned statue or something for breaking all time records. Having the announcers go crazy for stuff like that is a lot better than playing for months just to hear "and he's now passed the all time leader mark in hits." And that's it lol

The media interviews would be so sweet.
You brought up some good points. There was a game that had curtain calls if I remember correctly but I think it was just a quick cut scene. I think it was one of the 2k games I just remember which one.

The announcing is really boring after like 3 games to me on The Show. The announcers on NBA 2k are far and away better than any other game in history IMO on a video game.

Props: BUTCHER 206

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I had bought Dark Souls 2, GTA V, and the Last of Us at the same time as the show. Now that I'm getting in to the Show, I can't stop playing this crap. I finally got the timing down and I'm blowing out the other teams so I'm going to move the sliders down a little. I had moved them up one on contact and power.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I been playing Franchise mode mainly. I know everyone hates the Dodgers but that's my team. I made some trades that have really helped me. I traded Beckett, Gordon, and Gonzalez for Kipnis and Salazar and a catcher prospect I can't remember his name. I traded Ryu and someone else for David Price and another pitcher, then also traded some bench players for Abreu from the White Sox and Konerko.

As far as playing as a team, I was getting whooped until I started taking almost every single first pitch. I try to average at least 10 pitches per inning that I'm at bat. If you let their starter go too deep, you have little to no chance to win. Getting in to the hitters counts like 2-1 or even 2-2 is a lot easier to get a hit than 0-1