Fuck UbiSoft & Circuit City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 6, 2005
Went out last night and bought Vegas 2...

Looked at the specs, and realised that my video card was ONE spot below what they recommend, so with consumer hapiness in mind i bought the game anyway. Come to find out, Ubi soft made the PC version of this game as a fucking PORT and nothing will work unless you have one of their specific video cards, off a list of about 4. So i call Circuit city up. Ask them if i can trade it in, or get my money back. The twat on the phone says something to the effect of, the item was rung up wrong, and that they cant legaly do a return. Mind you its their fucking fault that the cashier just wanted to go home near closing time. So now im stuck with a fucking 40 dollar game, that doesnt work on my system, nor will it unless is pend another 100 bucks or so to get a new graphics card. Fuck this.

Jun 24, 2005
How'd they ring it up wrong?

Also, a while back, I bought the Three 6 Mafia DVD from Circuit City the one that had all their videos n shit, and it said it contained explicit content and lyrics. I got home and watched it, and all the videos were edited and explicit lyrics edited. I took it back and got an in-store credit because I explained to them how it was edited when the package said it wasn't. Not really the same, but kind of in a way.

Jan 5, 2006
try to go earlier in the day.. because if you go before closing again, people are all mentally and physically tired from dealing with customers all day and wont give a shit and will just send you away. You wanna get the manager or assistant manager while theyre fresh.

Nov 20, 2005
they didnt ring it up wrong and retailers will not allow you to return open software (computer software, video games, etc.)

YOU saw the specs and bought it anyways.
TAKE THE LOSS and trade it in at your nearest gamestop or sell it amazon.

~k.

Nov 14, 2002
I bought software from a Gamestop and the broad told me flat out, "Make sure your puter can run this because you can't return it if the requirements are different".

How many people do you know that really know a fucking thing about their computer? People just assume if you can run Youtube then Sims 42 is going to run fine. If you ask a person at the store, "Well how much RAM does your puter have" or even "What processor does your computer have", people will go... "Uh... I have Windows XP and my computer is 4 years old".

Imagine how many times they would have to refund customers for incompatible software every day... I would fucking hang myself.

May 9, 2002
they didnt ring it up wrong and retailers will not allow you to return open software (computer software, video games, etc.)

YOU saw the specs and bought it anyways.
TAKE THE LOSS and trade it in at your nearest gamestop or sell it amazon.

~k.
Exactly.

I bought software from a Gamestop and the broad told me flat out, "Make sure your puter can run this because you can't return it if the requirements are different".

How many people do you know that really know a fucking thing about their computer? People just assume if you can run Youtube then Sims 42 is going to run fine. If you ask a person at the store, "Well how much RAM does your puter have" or even "What processor does your computer have", people will go... "Uh... I have Windows XP and my computer is 4 years old".

Imagine how many times they would have to refund customers for incompatible software every day... I would fucking hang myself.
If youre a PC gamer, there should be no excuse for you NOT knowing your specs. Most PC gamers actually BUILD their own machines, and spend good money on them as well.

Either way, next time, take the box seriously and this wont happen. When a peice of software says you need to meet certain hardware requirements, then best believe you need to have those goddamn requirements. One of the very few warnings on a box I will follow.

Nov 14, 2002
If youre a PC gamer, there should be no excuse for you NOT knowing your specs. Most PC gamers actually BUILD their own machines, and spend good money on them as well.
You don't necessarily need to even be buying a game. It could just be an app... I avoid buying useless games simply by only purchasing games I know worked at least somewhat decently on my old puter. My computer gaming collection consists of the Command and Conquer collection, Sam & Max, and Fallout 1 & 2.

From what I understand, Vegas 2 was horrible anyhow, if that makes you feel any better.

Oct 25, 2006
i dont like playing games on rigs, you have to upgrade your shit every 3 years or so.. its a big waste of money.. just get a console and call it a day.
Consoles aren't much different. A console's lifespan is only about two years longer than the newest video card, not to mention the fact that PCs are MILES ahead of consoles in graphics processing power. I'm a computer gamer, and I built my rig with a little more than 300 bucks. My computer can run every game I throw at it, on high settings, except for Crysis, and even then it's playable at Medium settings. That's a hell of a fucking deal compared to buying a damn console for 400-500 bucks that would never be able to even touch Crysis without sputtering for help. Not to mention the fact that you can sell your old parts to reasonably cover the costs of your part upgrades. The only thing that consoles have over PCs are the exclusives and the controllers, though PCs are ready to make a controller a much more viable solution to certain games without too much problem or having to worry about having enough buttons for a certain game due to the fact that the wired X360 controller is completely USB with a standard USB connection.

I used to use a niggerwired stabdard Xbox Controller S on my PC, and now I've moved on to the 360 controller. IMO, PCs are ready to have the full game selection that consoles have and be able to play them in the exact same way. Anyways, just thought I would give my 2 cents on the whole "upgrade every 3 years" comment.

May 4, 2002
niggerwired??

Consoles aren't much different. A console's lifespan is only about two years longer than the newest video card, not to mention the fact that PCs are MILES ahead of consoles in graphics processing power. I'm a computer gamer, and I built my rig with a little more than 300 bucks. My computer can run every game I throw at it, on high settings, except for Crysis, and even then it's playable at Medium settings. That's a hell of a fucking deal compared to buying a damn console for 400-500 bucks that would never be able to even touch Crysis without sputtering for help. Not to mention the fact that you can sell your old parts to reasonably cover the costs of your part upgrades. The only thing that consoles have over PCs are the exclusives and the controllers, though PCs are ready to make a controller a much more viable solution to certain games without too much problem or having to worry about having enough buttons for a certain game due to the fact that the wired X360 controller is completely USB with a standard USB connection.

I used to use a NIGGERWIRED stabdard Xbox Controller S on my PC, and now I've moved on to the 360 controller. IMO, PCs are ready to have the full game selection that consoles have and be able to play them in the exact same way. Anyways, just thought I would give my 2 cents on the whole "upgrade every 3 years" comment.
why would u even say some stupid shit like that?

Nov 6, 2005
Sorry for the late response, but as an avid PC gamer, i did check the fucking specs. Like i stated before, its the PORT that causes the issue, and therefore causing un known side effects. Got my money back after all, so meh.

May 9, 2002

I used to use a niggerwired stabdard Xbox Controller S on my PC, and now I've moved on to the 360 controller. IMO, PCs are ready to have the full game selection that consoles have and be able to play them in the exact same way. Anyways, just thought I would give my 2 cents on the whole "upgrade every 3 years" comment.
You are going to look soooooo good in pink!