EA increases price of their games to $80!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
GAME has confirmed that EA has already set their PS4 and Xbox One RRP price with them, as their games will have a full retail price of £54.99. This means that you could be paying £55 for the likes of Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 when the consoles launch, which is obviously a price that many of you will feel is simply too high in today’s economic climate.

Also bear in mind that if EA are increasing their retail prices in the UK, it also means that they are almost certain to do it in the US as well. £55 translates to around $80, but it is slightly ridiculous to think that EA would have the guts to charge consumers $80 for PS4 and Xbox One games in the US when Sony and Microsoft will be charging $60 for their first-party games.

It’s also worth pointing out that EA is the only third-party publisher so far to confirm prices, we haven’t seen what the likes of Bethesda, Ubisoft and Capcom plan to do with their own games yet. You should also take into consideration that actual street prices can differ, so we may still see prices on EA games lower than the full £55 tag.

PS4, Xbox One games from EA with warning | Product Reviews Net

Props: Mixerr

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
if EA wants to go bankrupt let em go right ahead
The NCAA will not renew its contract with EA, the NCAA announced. The current agreement between EA and NCAA expires in June 2014, but NCAA Football 14 "will be the last to include the NCAA's name and logo."

The news comes one year after EA filed a $27 million settlement in a class action lawsuit dating back to 2008, which also stipulated that EA could not renew its current exclusive license with NCAA, but could enter a new, non-exclusive agreement for its college football series. The payout for that lawsuit reportedly stalled in Appeals court this month.

"But given the current business climate and costs of litigation, we determined participating in this game is not in the best interests of the NCAA," the NCAA added. "The NCAA has never licensed the use of current student-athlete names, images or likenesses to EA." EA faced another lawsuit dating back to 2009 in which former Nebraska quarterback Samuel Keller alleged that EA adopted the likeness of student athletes for its college football games. A California court denied EA's motion for dismissal of the class-action suit in February 2010, and later in May 2012.

The suit was combined with a lawsuit from former UCLA basketball player Ed O'Bannon against the NCAA, who claimed that the NCAA blocked "him and other former college athletes from getting paid for their likenesses in [EA Sports] videogames after they left college," according to Bloomberg.

We contacted EA for comment, and will update as we learn more.

Update: To clarify, the NCAA announced that it will not renew its contract with EA. We've updated accordingly.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I haven't bought an EA game in YEARS.

They're doing this to see if they can steer the market in this direction.

What it will likely do, if anything at all, will make publishers lean harder toward download-only games if the big publishers mainly go this route.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
im not worried about it I don't buy games until price drops to 39.99 and under, my patient ass will just wait them out...........
That works sometimes for me, other times There are games I must have day 1...but I will stand my ground if needed, I won't be giving out 70-80 for a single game...I can find better things to entertain myself with like alcohol and strippers

Jul 3, 2008
ill buy battlefield 4...i dont give a fuck if that shit gon b $100...64 players in one match?? i need that.

but fuck everything else im getting madden current gen...this dont bother me EA dont make that many good games.

Props: Coach E. No