DayZ vs WarZ: Real Zombie Survival Games

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2011
Have any of you guys ever fucked with one of these newer zombie survival Mmos?

So unlike other zombie games, these are a little more realistic. Your character starts off with nothing but a backpack. You go from town to town scavenging for food, water, medicine, etc. You have to watch out for other survivals more-so then the zombies, cause they can shoot and kill you also. Weapons are a little tough to get a hold of.. and when your characters die.. (in hardcore mode) they are dead.. u start a new one..

So the difference between WarZ and DayZ is slight, but still can be a deciding factor.

WarZ is a standalone game that just recently left its Alpha stage and is now in Beta. Its better graphically then Dayz and will include 'leveling' up your character with 'non-gamebreaking' abilities. For example, your character runs alot, hes gonna naturally be able to run longer and faster. You use a specific weapon more often, your gonna reload faster etc.. this feature hasn't been implemented yet tho..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrZl7UFgbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH7s6sXSKZI

DayZ is a mod for another game (Arma II). The game isn't pretty graphically and the movements, inventory and UI are a little more cumbersome and clunky then WarZ, but DayZ has (currently) more features. Like vehicles, helicopters and you can do a lot more in DayZ like building structures or finding parts that work toward building or fixing something else to use. Dayz features its own voice chat, so you can speak with the people you are playing with.

DayZ "Abduction" and gameshow - YouTube
DayZ - Kidnapped again - YouTube

Apr 2, 2010
Day Z is a must, if anyone gets it let me know. I haven't tried War Z but some of the new updates are badass for Day Z, now zombies can smash the windows in the vehicle your in and pull you out of the window.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I haven't played WarZ but I can tell you that DayZ is way more fun when you have a group to play with. Your survival chances increase and you can get more supplies faster. From what I've seen WarZ looks like a more action oriented game and easier for new players to get into but DayZ's mechanics and UI aren't too difficult to get used to.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
I've been watching some gameplay of dayZ on YouTube....seems fucking intense and a lot of people take it very seriously like they're actually living the apocalypse out...I've heard that they plan to make it a standalone console game....in which case would be awesome

Props: Count_Slapula
Apr 2, 2010
I've been watching some gameplay of dayZ on YouTube....seems fucking intense and a lot of people take it very seriously like they're actually living the apocalypse out...I've heard that they plan to make it a standalone console game....in which case would be awesome
People take it seriously because its incredibly realistic and brutal. The standalone is supposed to come out this month but everything is rumored so far.

Apr 2, 2010
Its probably the worst game release ever next to Big Rigs, they officially released it while its in pre beta and a majority of the features aren't even implemented in the game yet. Steam has even removed the game for purchase, I understand why they put it out but its pure robbery.

They put it out in the condition its in due to the DayZ standalone coming out in the future, they needed to put it out ASAP because once that is out no one will care for War Z. I'd strongly advise against anyone wasting their money on it unless the developers actually work on it more but I doubt they will.