Anyone play Arma 2?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2013
I saw a video of this game on youtube a few days ago so decided to download the Arma 2 Collection for £25.

Without wishing to boast, I'd like to think I'm quite an intelligent guy, educated at a private grammar school, now studying at university. But this game has beaten me. On multiplayer I cannot seem to understand what I am meant to do.

So I spawned into a server, which took a few hours to find (compatability issues or something) then as I strolled into a derelict looking village I was immediatly set upon by a group of zombies. Now as far as I can work out there was nothing I could do. No knives or weapons to speak of in my inventory thing.

So I decided to try again, avoiding any sort of built up area, because that didn't work last time. I thought it best to run around looking for clues as to my purpose, but after about 30 mins of spotting no vehicles I just gave up.

Now obviously to get a weapon I would first have to kill someone who has a weapon....or not?

I did manage to find a server that was littered with vehicles, from boats to motorbikes and tanks to helicopters. But I could not drive them because my rank was not high enough. So how do I rank up?

So I just need a few tips and maybe a simple tutorial to get me on my way.

I don't want to feel I have wasted my money.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Not many pc gamers here, but u should play the single player first to get an idea

This engine has a great editor and a lot of people make custom maps

Go read up on it and also if u play multiplayer, find a infantry only server first.

Apr 2, 2010
There's a plethora of game modes and it sounds like you joined some really technical ones that are strict. I play a lot of wasteland and DayZ but never got into campaigns or anything like that, I'd suggest trying those out first just to get a feel for all the controls.