all pro football 2k8???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
where is all the people that said this would be god's gift to football? its out yet i dont see anybody talkin about it...

from what i have read from reviews i havent been impressed. they dont even give the other non-legend players on your team ratings. there is pretty much no depth/reply value. those are the things that stuck out in my mind. i think we all knew the gameplay would be solid,but doesnt do much good if you put a crappy concept and no features around it

so anybody actually played it yet?

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
I've been playing the shit out of it.

There are no player ratings whatsoever. No team ratings, none of that shit. Each player has certain strengths that they can do. Some involve charging your move to level 2, for instance, a guy I made has a level 2 stiff arm, that works a lot better than a charged stiff arm.

There is a ton of depth, I have made 8 different teams already, each of them completely different, and am taking them through a season. There is no franchise mode, but I don't buy a football game to sit there and change the prices of hot dogs and bullshit like that, I buy it to play football.

The Online play is amazing, no lag whatsoever, and the leagues are very nice, I personally like them more than I like franchise mode, but to each his own.

The graphics aren't as good as Madden, but are pretty good. The animations blow NCAA and Madden out of the water. The presentation is also really good, especially the Field Pass segments between plays.

My rating for this game is a 8.5, a very good start for a new franchise, this game will only improve, and will be a serious threat to Madden next year.

Jan 2, 2004
This game will never be a serious threat to Madden.. Hate to break it to you.. The only reason NFL 2K5 was competition for Madden is that it was 30 dollars cheaper and it came out a month earlier.

People bought both.. Not too many people bought only NFL 2K5... However with All-Pro, people will have to buy both to make a full football experience.. And if you want a fun single player football experience, college football is probably better for that because it has a dynasty mode, which unlike you say, franchise isn't about setting hot dog prices as that's a very small part, and pretty much useless part. The important part of franchise is signing free agents, making trades, taking a botoom of the pack team like the Raiders or Lions and turning them into championship contenders.. Even doing that with two or three people is something I do with all my friends all the time..

That's something you can't have in All Pro.

Honestly, I wouldn't guarantee that there will be another All-Pro game next year.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
You can't do trades or Free Agency the way All Pro is set up, so a traditional Franchise mode would be very out of place. Also, with no player ratings, there is no way to judge how a player would increase or decrease in skills over multiple seasons. This system works very well for APF as it is now, but wouldn't work with multiple seasons. I am interested in seeing how they address this in future versions.

All Pro is selling well enough to warrant a sequel, hate to break it to you. I would imagine that sells would further increase if 2K released a demo on the marketplace, which they should have done a while ago.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Masked Lemon said:
I don't buy a football game to sit there and change the prices of hot dogs and bullshit like that
But god forbid there are no halftime shows or refs on the field! I played this shit today to give it a try, anyone who claims this game is great is doing nothing more or less than lying because this shit is wack! I'd rather play Blitz on PS1 than this bs.

Mar 30, 2006
I have to admit I had my hopes up way too high with this game. The misconception would be comparing it to 2K5, which was a great alternative to Madden. The gameplay is lackluster, graphics are decent, the camera is so so. I turned it off 10 minutes after buying it.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Masked Lemon said:
those that hate it usually have Madden's nut hair stuck in their teeth.
the same can be said about you and 2k sports. you get flamed cause you are CONSTANTLY talking shit about EA,its annoying. you are the worst one of us all when it comes to brand loyalty,yet you do all the complaining. practice what you preach. dont get mad when everybody hypes up EA games when you do the same thing for 2k sports.

not being a dick,just making sure you know you come off the same way as the people you criticize

Mar 30, 2006
I'm not a Madden fan but was a fan of 2K5. I've been waiting for this game since EA Sports bought exclusive NFL rights back in 2005. I'll let it be known if a game isn't up to par. If anything, I'm saving you motherfuckers money. Be grateful.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
Jake said:
the same can be said about you and 2k sports. you get flamed cause you are CONSTANTLY talking shit about EA,its annoying. you are the worst one of us all when it comes to brand loyalty,yet you do all the complaining. practice what you preach. dont get mad when everybody hypes up EA games when you do the same thing for 2k sports.

not being a dick,just making sure you know you come off the same way as the people you criticize
Exactly.