TNA wrestling talk

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
Once again you're not getting the point, TNA is ran by an Energy Company that doesn't give a flying fuck about the wrestling business.

Indy promotions are ran by random guys with a love for the wrestling business.

See the difference?
Plenty of other Indy companies have been around forever with no huge backers...

I'm sure they will be fine ;)

Feb 8, 2003
TNA don't even have a roster any more either lol they have like 15 active wrestlers and are about to lose AJ Styles in September.

Think WWE might have some interest in Samoa Joe now also, he just appeared in one of their headline articles on their website.

TNA is lucky Spike is happy with their 1.0 ratings for their time slot, or they would be dead already.
yep wwe would snatch joe up with teh quickness. he could make a great heel over there and they can make him marketable not to mention he punks friend. he would be stupid to stay in tna and not go to wwe.

Feb 8, 2003
Wow.... You guys just don't get it

My only point was that a company can survive as an Indy. They will have to cut wrestlers and what not but they can easily make it as an indy company.

That's it's... Period.

I'm not saying they are goin to keep all the big name talents. To say that a company won't last without a tv deal is silly.

Try all you want but as long as there are long term indy promotions still out there none of your points will ever be justified or make any sense..... Sorry

no we get it. we get it perfectly from the business side obviously you dont. your looking at it from the mark side.

Props: Jaysav
Feb 8, 2003
Wow.... You guys just don't get it

My only point was that a company can survive as an Indy. They will have to cut wrestlers and what not but they can easily make it as an indy company.

That's it's... Period.

I'm not saying they are goin to keep all the big name talents. To say that a company won't last without a tv deal is silly.

Try all you want but as long as there are long term indy promotions still out there none of your points will ever be justified or make any sense..... Sorry

dude quit being a mark and look at facts. most them indy companies have problems paying teh guest stars i heard so many shoot interviews of wrestlers saying how some these indy promoters sisnt even pay them what they owe them and etc. fact is tna will go down without spike most them wrestlers gonna wanna walk once tv is gone best believe that.

Feb 8, 2003
Plenty of other Indy companies have been around forever with no huge backers...

I'm sure they will be fine ;)

you cant compare them.

those companies dont have big names on active roster, they have shows inside of gyms, no type of tv time, and they been at the same level financially since they started. reason why tna is different is bc they being backed by millions and major cable network. so when thats all taken away thats folding.

just like if you get rich and dont invest right lose all your money be on some broke shit now back to where you started thats folding.

just watch i give it five years (maximum) or less and you will be saying me and infamous was right. they on their last straw tahts why spike even loaning them mma fighters to try and bring in ratings.

Last edited:
May 24, 2002
All I know is an Indy can be an Indy without big bankers.

And I'm not sure why you guys think they can't just cut wrestlers and still be an Indy company like you know..... Every other Indy company

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
All I know is an Indy can be an Indy without big bankers.

And I'm not sure why you guys think they can't just cut wrestlers and still be an Indy company like you know..... Every other Indy company
You do realize Panda Energy owns the company, the name TNA, the name Impact Wrestling, and the tape library right?

Without SpikeTV Panda Energy will fold the company, plain and simple. No two bit Indy promoter is going to pay Panda Energy to purchase the TNA name just to run it as an Indy show.

Why do you act like the current ownership group is just gonna up and keep putting on shows in high school gymnasiums in front of 100 people?

TNA exists right now for one single current reason, the 1.2 cable rating it pulls for SpikeTV on Thursday night, plain and simple. Panda Energy don't give a fuck about wrestling and won't run a two bit Indy promotion in front of 100 people, nobody will pay the seven figures or more it will cost to buy the name to run it as a two bit Indy promotion and at this point I doubt even the WWE would buy the shit just for the tape library.

It's only purpose of existence right now is for SpikeTV because TNA is cheaper for Spike than original programming or the expensive licensing fees it costs to run a popular syndicated show.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
You do realize Panda Energy owns the company, the name TNA, the name Impact Wrestling, and the tape library right?

Without SpikeTV Panda Energy will fold the company, plain and simple. No two bit Indy promoter is going to pay Panda Energy to purchase the TNA name just to run it as an Indy show.

Why do you act like the current ownership group is just gonna up and keep putting on shows in high school gymnasiums in front of 100 people?

TNA exists right now for one single current reason, the 1.2 cable rating it pulls for SpikeTV on Thursday night, plain and simple. Panda Energy don't give a fuck about wrestling and won't run a two bit Indy promotion in front of 100 people, nobody will pay the seven figures or more it will cost to buy the name to run it as a two bit Indy promotion and at this point I doubt even the WWE would buy the shit just for the tape library.

It's only purpose of existence right now is for SpikeTV because TNA is cheaper for Spike than original programming or the expensive licensing fees it costs to run a popular syndicated show.
you think once they fold, mcmahon will put an offer in?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
you think once they fold, mcmahon will put an offer in?
I doubt it. Nothing really worth it to pay that much money for. Only thing I think he would be interested in is a few contracts and he can pick those up after they fold anyway.

He would probably love to have the library if TNA was an actual competitor or a ratings success, but TNA never really blew up. I could only see him wanting the library if he signs some of the guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries and some of the vets like Kurt Angle and Sting and just wants footage for future WWE related products of those guys.

I doubt WWE would buy it for the time slot on Spike either, because WWE had a terrible relationship with Viacom for those few years RAW was on Spike. I know they want a TV slot for NXT right now, but I think Universal holds the cable broadcasting rights for WWE anyway.

Feb 12, 2012
With all the roster moves with TNA lately it should be noted that Devon is still with TNA just workin backstage as a road agent. As a long time Dudleys fan it sucks seein Devon retire but its for the best since he was barely wrestling anyways. Will probaly be told otherwise as far as storylines go but you could tell when the MEM guys were kneelin down talkin to Devon after the match they were congratulatin him on a great career. Thank You Devon for all the great memories.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Feb 8, 2003
there wouldnt be no real profit in tna library for vince nobody even watching the shit now as it happens so i doubt he would do that. he would just sign some there talent thats it. tna is like weak ass gwf, uwf theres honestly no real profit from it

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Vince would jump the chance to acquire TNAs library and other properties. The Rise & Fall of TNA would be worth the cost alone.
What rise?

They've never risen above a small niche market for people to see old WWE or WCW guys. Those shitty 1.0 and below ratings only exist for guys like Sting and Kurt Angle. As much talent as AJ Styles and Samoa Joe have they never drew by themselves.

TNA has basically had a steady pulse of mediocrity since it was born, from Jeff Jarrett dominating and being like a damn 8 time champion within just a few years, to Sting always being the biggest storyline they had from 2005 till now. Most people outside of hardcore fans don't watch.

Everything they attempted to do outside of wrestling was mediocre as hell to. That video game they made was one of the worst selling video games in history, it was in bargain bins almost immediately.

They do 15,000 buys for Pay Per View lol that's with Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardy, Rob Van dam, and all the other people they've had over the years.

The sole purpose of TNA having value to the WWE for something like DVD sales would be for brand recognition, unfortunately TNA doesn't have that brand recognition. TNA's DVD's now don't sell on their own, why would they sell after they die?

I think the only reason Vince would want the library is for footage of his former wrestlers and new wrestlers he might sign like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries etc.

Feb 8, 2003
that video game was super garbage now i see why its discountinued now. that game was just as weak as that first wrestlemania game for nintendo.

a dvd will be titled more like "TNA THE COMPANY THAT NEVER TOOK OFF" or "THE FAILURE OF TNA"

Last edited: