Stupid Gimmicks in ECW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
Details On Sci-Fi Gimmicks Proposed For ECW
Date Added: June 13, 2006
Story By: Ben Johnson
Although Paul Heyman noted in an interview that the ECW team is very interested in pursuing the rumored vampire faction, the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that the idea did initiate in a meeting with the Sci-Fi network.

Sci-Fi executives also reportedly pushed for alien characters and a storyline in which ECW wrestlers would be transformed into another dimension during a match. Those are not expected to be part of the new ECW.

The original plan was to feature Sabu as the leader of the vampire group, but the concept was revised and David "Gangrel" Heath, Luna Vachon and Dennis "Mideon" Knight were contacted. Only Heath has signed with ECW thus far (he will likely not use the Gangrel name), and it is not known if he will be part of the group.
ECW hasn't even really taken off and I'm already pretty dissapointed, as an ECW fan the whole idea of turning Sabu into a "Vampire" is really pretty goddamn gay, Aliens and Vampires have no place in ECW, fuck that shit, it sounds retarded as fuck...

Feb 9, 2006
i don't think they're gonna use that type of shit, maybe for people like gangrel but that's about it, and maybe some new people but yeah i agree with what you're saying that shit would be hella fuckin gay!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
it would most defnatly flop, there is a limit to over the top wrestling gimmicks and I think vampires and aliens will definatly fall under that catigory.

I thought the ministry of darkness in WWE was extremly gay BTW

Dec 27, 2004
"Sci-Fi executives also reportedly pushed for alien characters and a storyline in which ECW wrestlers would be transformed into another dimension during a match"

wtf kinda shit is that?? ecw's wrestling not the x-files

Feb 9, 2006
jayda650 said:
it would most defnatly flop, there is a limit to over the top wrestling gimmicks and I think vampires and aliens will definatly fall under that catigory.

I thought the ministry of darkness in WWE was extremly gay BTW

ha me too, i love the undertaker but that make up was gay as fuck, muthafucka looked like he should be on a broadway show or somethin'

Sep 11, 2005
i remember last years ONS rob van dam had that sick ass shoot.....i could only imagine if RVD was havin another sick shoot then all of a sudden Predator like guys cum out.....just dont do it ECW...please...its almost as gay as when wcw had kevin sullivan do that whole dungeon type of shit an hogan or warrior i forget who, they were like "ive defeated the squidmen, i jumped over the lava, i fought off the zombies..." that shit was wack as fuck...

May 11, 2002
That show was a huge let down from begininng to end. I really think bringing ECW back may have been a big mistake. I really fear for the future of ECW if thats what they have to offer on the SCI FI Channel. They're turning ECW into a joke. The zombie was fuckin stupid, so was the vampire and the cheesy ass music that they played for the wrestlers entrance themes. Buy the rights to the songs Vince you're a fucking billionaire! That stripper couldn't even take her own bra off, probably to used to letting dudes take it off for her. Kurt Angle and Big Show have No Business being there. It didn't even feel like an ECW show.

Feb 23, 2003
Sci-Fi Channel network officials are pushing hard for a science fiction angle of some sort to take place on the new ECW show. More specifically, they want "aliens" to appear on the show. One of the reasons network officials are pushing for a Sci-Fi angle is to appease the Sci-Fi fans who are outraged that wrestling programming is taking place on the channel.