What program do you use to listen to music on your comp?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
I currently use windows media player but I'm kind of getting sick of it. My computer has absurdly low processing speeds so WMP lags a lot. I think the problem is that I insist on having album artwork displayed in the program.

Are there any reliable low-memory programs that look nice and won't lag if I show album art? Or can I not have my cake and eat it?

Mar 18, 2003
The first program I ever used to listen to music was Winamp, and I use it to this day. There have since been countless other programs that look cooler or have added features, but when it's all said and done, if you're looking for strictly a music player, then this is all you need. With that said, Winamp still comes bloated so get the Lite version.

Direct link: Here

If you want something that is going to rip and burn cd's, etc., then I can't help you, although I believe the regular version of Winamp can do this.

So yeah, I've never used anything else for the reasons you stated; memory/cpu conservation.

May 15, 2002
I tried out Winamp (lite) and couldn't get into it. Pardon me for sounding like a little bitch, but it was too ugly for my tastes.

I tried Songbird but it lags too much on my comp even though it's a pretty sweet program.

Any more suggestions? Or do you assholes all use iTunes?

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
I still use winamp lite as well, they do have different skins if you don't like the default btw

Mar 18, 2003
Yeah I forgot to mention that. There are probably a thousand different skins you could use for winamp to make it look better. Examples:

And even changing the shape...

I probably failed to mention it because I actually use the default one. But after looknig at some of these I might make a change. Probably not, though.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
itunes. i'm married to the bitch. My entire collection is on that bitch from cds/downloads/and purchased songs. I'm sure there are way better programs out there but I've invested countless of hours organizing it with album covers, year album was released, deleting songs, rating songs, and etc. It's too late to invest time into another program.