The unofficial Purity Ring thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
Show was kind of disappointing to be honest, First time I saw 'em was in a small place but I guess they weren't as popular so it was really cool and not super packed but a good sized crowd. This time however the club I saw them in was even smaller and they oversold so it was really uncomfortable. Music wise it was a bit different, the dude altered chick's voice alot more (sorry don't know their names) and did the little pause\breaks sometimes to the point of it just being overkill.. Still it was pretty solid just not as great as I expected and definitely not as good as they were the first time I saw'em.

infinity @infinity

Last edited:
Props: infinity

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
^
Jon Hopkins & Purity Ring — Breathe This Air [Limited Edition Vinyl] (2013)

Having recently announced a return to Los Angeles to play two special shows with special guest and long-standing friend Jon Hopkins later this month (Henry Fonda Theatre on August 27 and 28), we're excited to announce that at each performance, the two artists will give away 175 copies of a very limited edition 12” vinyl single.

The record will contain the previously aired Jon Hopkins remix of Purity Ring’s song 'Amenamy' (taken from their debut album, Shrines) and a new version of Jon Hopkins’ 'Breathe This Air' that features Megan on vocals and was premiered last night by Huw Stephens standing in for Zane Lowe on his BBC Radio 1 show.

The 12”s will be distributed at the show on a first-come-first-serve basis.
01 Jon Hopkins - Breathe This Air ft. Purity Ring
02 Purity Ring - Amenamy (Jon Hopkins remix)

Download file JHPR.rar

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
let's see if they still got it

Purity Ring – Another Eternity (2015)

1. Heartsigh (3:19)
2. Bodyache (2:53)
3. Push Pull (3:27)
4. Repetition (3:38)
5. Stranger Than Earth (4:18)
6. Begin Again (3:37)
7. Dust Hymn (3:30)
8. Flood On the Floor (3:14)
9. Sea Castle (3:27)
10. Stillness In Woe (4:00)

https://mega.co.nz/#!QAxFEajJ!obdQ26ngXHh57RTLilGmjmDt_BJliLi9u-ApPH4NaYc

May 9, 2002
Bout damn time!

So far, its much more polished on the mixing/mastering side...which can be good or bad depending on how you liked the sound of their debut. It also feels less grimey in terms of the style of beats. Feels much more mainstream/pop. I need to take a closer listen to the lyrics, but just running through they seem more "tame" in terms of imagery and metaphors.

Last edited: