Thursday - No Devolución (OFFICIAL)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
This is the safe haven to discuss the new Thursday album, No Devolución. I actually wouldn't have even bothered making it if not for the overwhelming positive reviews, which IMO necessitates an appropriate avenue of discussion. There is speculation that this is their best album ever.

Discuss.

I will update with new/better quality rips of the album.

Webrip: [download]
v2 (scene): [download]

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I don't think they will ever surpass Full Collapse but I really like this new album a lot. They took a turn with their sound and tried some new things but it still has that classic Thursday sound as the basis.

Easily going to end up being one of my favorite albums of the year and much better than their last release Common Existence which is a great fucking album itself.

Mar 18, 2003
Full Collapse is also my favorite; Understanding in a Car Crash, Autobiography of a Nation, Cross Out the Eyes, and Paris in Flames are all my favorite Thursday songs and all on Full Collapse. If they can come close to that album, then it has to be great.

Updated original post with a better rip. Enjoy!

v2 (scene): [download]

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I like WAAT more and I think I like FC more too. However this is still a very good album. Solid from front to back, the thing that puts FC slightly above it are the stand out tracks (most of listed above)

I think for me it's like:

1. War All The Time (Ny Batteri included)
2. Five Stories Falling
3. Full Collapse
4. No Devolucion
5. Even The Sand Is Made of Seashells
6. A City By The Light, Divided (demo CDR for this album was so good)
7. Kill The House Lights
8. Envy Split
9. Common Existence
10. Waiting

(EDIT:REVIEWING LIST, After the first 5 it gets blurry)

Some of their other Live CDs are really good too.

Mar 18, 2003
So I downloaded the copy that first came out and listened to it all the way through (this was a couple months ago). It seemed very dark and dull, and for some reason depressed the shit out of me. I tried listening again a few days later thinking that was just a freak occurance, and I came to conclusion that it was just a terrible version, and the dull sound was just the result of a bad webrip. The instrumentals were blaring over Geoff's vocals and it just sounded like shit. I vowed never to listen to it again for the sake of ruining it. It took me this long to download a scene rip... Haha. So I just threw my headphones on and started listening to it and it's like night and day from the last version.

This is progression in it's best form. The last time I was this impressed was then I listened to The Devil And God..., which ended up being one of my favorite albums over the last, oh I don't know, decade. These guys fucking kick ass, plain and simple.

Mar 18, 2003
Is it me or does this album have shitty mastering? I don't know, maybe they wanted it to be really distorted. I really like the album but I wish the vocals, instrumentals were more clean.

Mar 18, 2003
Yep. I don't believe we've heard the last of them, though. But probably nothing for a few years for sure.

Despite the fantastic year that the band has enjoyed, creatively, things haven’t been as easy for us on a personal level. Without diving into detail, it’s fair to say that this year has been an endless series of personal difficulties. We haven’t had any falling out and are all still close. I’m sure that we will continue to create, in some capacity, together. We’ve talked about turning Thursday into something else: a non-profit, a band that only records sporadically, a collection of other projects… Underneath it all, the personal circumstances involved make it impossible to continue Thursday in the spirit that has made it special. So, we stop. For now, at least.