Skrillex

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2003
Pretty sure he is the reason why Dubstep got so popular and why many of the fans are ex "emos"

Not hating though, I liked that Dear Diary album.

Mar 18, 2003
One of my good friends moved to ATX some years ago and he got really into the club scene over there, and earlier this year he would call me raving about Skrillex and insisting that I listen to his music. Now, I do enjoy listening to some house music from time to time, so it wasn't a huge step for me; not routinely, though, but when I'm out with friends, drinking, etc. Anyways, I was with his brother and he started playing Skrillex (first time hearing any dubstep). After the first song I was like, "Okay, this shit is pretty good"; after the second song I was like, "Okay, turn this shit off". Needless to say it got old really quick. I could listen to the occasional song, but to listen to an entire mixtape of dubstep I think would make me nauseous. But this guy is blowing up and a lot of people I know constantly hype him up.

So I see this guy was on the cover of SPIN and he looked like he was straight out of a band I listen to, some post-hc shit. He didn't fit the bill of a DJ. So I did some research on him and that's how I found out. And that's why my mind was blown, because I used to bump that Dear Diary album all the fuckin' time.