Scene Metal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Many of the people in this forum have lost their taste for this music (kind of why I don't post here as much) but there is some really good stuff out there.

Jamie's Elsewhere

Sinners Turned Saints [download]

They Said A Storm Was Coming [download]

The Word Alive

Empire [download]

Mar 18, 2003
Also check out these two unreleased The Word Alive singles that are not on the EP, both of which are their best work IMO. Actually better than everything on the EP.

The Devil Inside [download]
Are You On Drugs? [download]

Mar 18, 2003
Those Jamie's Elsewhere CD's are dope. Some of the best scene/post-hardcore I've heard in a while. I didn't hear about them until they dropped their second CD but both are a must have. They're from Sacramento too.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
^^^It's funny how u like stuff like Jamie's Elsewhere but talk shit about A7X lol....I dunno man I just don't get it =/

Maybe its cause Jamie's Elsewhere has awesome hair and some guy actin like he's really doin it behind some digital box on a stand....Way cool breh!

Oh and he does a mean cookie monster too! lol

To each their own though by all means

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
^^^It's funny how u like stuff like Jamie's Elsewhere but talk shit about A7X lol....I dunno man I just don't get it =/

Maybe its cause Jamie's Elsewhere has awesome hair and some guy actin like he's really doin it behind some digital box on a stand....Way cool breh!

Oh and he does a mean cookie monster too! lol

To each their own though by all means
i'll admit i have heard a few catchy a7x songs ...but for the most part i don't like the vocals and the guitar work is nothing special.

May 31, 2007
Im fuckin suprized that people here like this kinda shit, but for the person who originally made this thread I dont think TDWP belongs because they arent really NEW to the scene. Its like saying A Day To Remember is new when really they just got a huge following from the last CD.
But yea im still suprized yall are talking about this type of band. I saw AttackAttack! after Austin left like 5 or 6 times. And Asking Alexandria twice. I have also seen The Word Alive at random shows.

umm other bands somewhat like this.
Miss May I

Sky Eats Airplane (first few CDs. I think the new singer is trash)

Of Mice & Men (kinda complicated. The original singer is the EX singer for AttackAttack!, but now the official lead singer is the EX singer of Sky Eats Airplane)

August Burns Red (one of the best in "hardcore" or metalcore. Whatever the fuck you wanna call it..But there nothing new. Just peep them if you havnt)

Bring Me The Horizon

Norma Jean (anything BEFORE the AntiMother)
The Chariot (ex lead singer of Norma Jean.)
Your Demise (just head of them when I saw TDWP June 30th and Miss May I today and they seemed Pretty good.)

Oh and everyone who slightly likes this kinda of music listen to ENTER SHIKARI. They are fucking amazing. Hurry and get on them before everyone jumps the bandwagon here in the US haha.

Idk, I listen to this shit all day. I can give hella names if someone wants me to

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
the guitar work is nothing special.

Seriously? The 2 guitar players in the band SHRED. Kind an Iron Maiden feel with the whole "dualing guitars" thing.

It's sad The Rev passed. That guy was talented beyond belief. Not just as a drummer but he wrote and composed most of their songs too. Mike Portnoy wouldn't step in and be the drummer for a shitty band. That right there shows they have gained respect of their peers.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
for the most part i don't like the vocals
I saw that one comin from ya...Maybe cause the guy actually SINGS and doesn't just cookie monster it through the songs lol....

I always love when people talk about the "lead singer" in most of these newer metal bands. I mean can you REALLY tell one from the other when they all sound like the exorcist? lol

Ya know yer my homeboy though...Just givin ya shit