Scene Metal

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I like all Norma Jean.

I think I would put them in this order.

O'God The Aftermath
Vs The Anti-Mother
Meridional
Redeemer

Keep in mind I like them all a lot and the lines that separate each album are very thin. Disconnecktie is definitely one of those lines though.

I haven't give the new a fair chance to settle in either.

May 31, 2007
Norma Jean is dope yes, but I think The Anti Mother was terrible. I could not get into it, and that was during the first time I seen them live and it was mostly ALL Anti Mother songs....I wanted to punch babies in the face. At least I got to climb on peoples shoulders for "LIKE BRINGING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT!"
I need to listen to the new CD though.

Oh and for those people that like Asking Alexandria and AttackAttack!...Peep Abandon All Ships

May 31, 2007
I dont think we can take you serious after recommending this....

Autotune does NOT belong in "metal"...period.
thats why I said for the people that like AttackAttack! And Asking Alexandria. I dont really consider that genre Metal, but those names were brought up in the first post so I figured if anyone likes those bands then they might as well check out Abandon All Ships

Nov 15, 2007
could of sworn asking alexandria doesnt use any auto tunes... IMO they are the best out of this "genre" with attack attack and we came as romans coming in at 2nd. i noticed someone mentioned miss may i, i dont consider them really similar but if we are they are bad ass and amazing as well. im more of a death metal death core guy myself but lately ive been geting into this type of metal as well. dont like most the bands people have recommended though. lets keep this thread alive.

on a side note, a7x is fucking god awful.

Mar 18, 2003
Absolute Classic

If you are into post-hardcore and haven't heard this song, you are missing the fuck out. IMO a gold standard of the genre and one of my favorite songs.

May 31, 2007
could of sworn asking alexandria doesnt use any auto tunes... IMO they are the best out of this "genre" with attack attack and we came as romans coming in at 2nd. i noticed someone mentioned miss may i, i dont consider them really similar but if we are they are bad ass and amazing as well. im more of a death metal death core guy myself but lately ive been geting into this type of metal as well. dont like most the bands people have recommended though. lets keep this thread alive.

on a side note, a7x is fucking god awful.
THANK YOU A7X is no good. The only reason I kept throwing Asking Alexandria into that group is not because of autotune, its because the mixture of electronic, techno and "hardcore" is similar and usually those who like AttackAttack! like them. Same with Miss May I. I just consider all of these "core" genres Hardcore. I know that gets confuzing now because Hardcore used to mean punk, but now people just use the word punk for that. This is the modern Hardcore and I hate these music Nazis who will say no its This-core or that -core you know what I mean.

If your into this "hardcore" then PLEASE peep a local (Chicago) Dorian's Decay.http://www.myspace.com/doriansdecay I think there sick for a local and dope people.

Also to Ethereal, I think Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over is WAAAAY better than HTML. Peep it if you havnt already

Mar 18, 2003
Love the older stuff. I listened to the newer one all the way through once (when it came out) and kind of forgot about it. I don't know why cause I really like TDWP and it wasn't bad at all. I think I'll listen to it tomorrow on the way to work.

May 31, 2007
Love the older stuff. I listened to the newer one all the way through once (when it came out) and kind of forgot about it. I don't know why cause I really like TDWP and it wasn't bad at all. I think I'll listen to it tomorrow on the way to work.
yea thats what I was thinking too, the CD isnt bad BUT I just listen to the old stuff more