Salem anyone?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I really didnt know where to put this, but i chose this forum becuase...fuck it. Check this shit out.

http://pitchfork.com/tv/#/music-videos/801-salem/2661-sick/

Pitchfork says:

Musically, Salem take 90s gangsta rap and haunted-house goth and blur them into an atmospheric, druggy smear until it's hard to tell which songs come from where. The group directed their own video for "Sick", a track from their 2010 debut album King Night, and it gives that musical aesthetic a visual complement. The clip is a long montage: street fights, police helicopters, strippers and car-show models dancing, motocross bikes flying through the air, and brief glimpses of the group themselves-- all on video stock so decayed that these familiar images come to look like artifacts from a lost civilization. It's also slightly NSFW; there is, after all, ass crack.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'd say this is a more appropriate place than the hip-hop forum. I've checked them out here and there since their music started making rounds on blogs I read/download from since 2008 with the Yes I Smoke Crack EP. They are very hit and miss with me. I almost always love the beats but sometimes I find the "vocals" and other added sounds a little too much.

Oh, by the way...

Dude is really talented but Jack needs to quit doing so many hard drugs before he dies though.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
I had a hard time getting into them in the past so I haven't checked out their newer stuff. Most of it sounded lazy to me

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I didn't even notice the link lol. Wow.

Anyways, song was cool. I really liked the beat but again that vocals were kinda meh to me. Like they fit the sound and feel of the song but I probably would have liked it more as an instrumental.

They better not start calling this stuff like Goth-Hop or something faggoty like that lol.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
yeah that song is better than the other stuff I heard in the past by them. Still not sold though. oOoOO on the other hand is my shit

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I listened to King Night again yesterday and I liked it a lot more than the first few times I did. Jack's beats sound like someone made them while shooting speedballs which makes sense.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA