Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Camby's got the albums so I'll do single songs. I'll try to put a new one up every day for DL, if I miss I day I'll put up 2 the next. K?

First up: Joey Eppard- Vinegar Hill
For fans of accoustic and great guitar work. From the album Been to the Future. He's also the lead singer/guitarist of the band 3, a progressive rock band from NY. When he does live shows he opts to super glue his finger tips instead of using a pick, and during the final song every string is broken by how hard and fast he plays.

Vinegar Hill

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah the rest of the songs on the album have singing, I was going to upload Trail of Tears but I figured I'd show his guitar skillzzz.

Next up, His Hideous Heart- It's A Weird Time To Be Alive, Right? (Demo)
This is by a friend of mine's band, and it's so fucking good. For fans of post rock. I swear I blanked out for a minute when I first heard it tonight and thought I was listening to Mogwai or The Coma Lilies.
HHH

May 15, 2002
I'm feeling that first track..pretty nutty. It's still today here on the west coast, so I'll wait until our tomorrow rolls around to d/l the next one :)

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
You beat me to it Smurf, I was going to say that I was really really impressed with that song by His Hideous Heart and I liked the other songs I just listened to on their myspace quite a bit too. I didn't notice on the myspace, how can I go about purchasing the EP? Or if they are out can you up it? I'd love to hear the rest of the album.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
He said the EP is free at shows or you can get ahold of Mike the guitarist for a copy. If you go Camby tell Brian the bass player you know me, maybe he'll hook you up with some merch or something haha. We know each other from a TREOS/Dear Hunter site.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Today is The Wordless by Cinematic Sunrise. For fans of indie and pop punk. Side project of Craig Owens and Radley Bell of Chiodos. I love the vocals on this song, Craig stepped out of Anthony Green's shadow to me after I heard this.

The Wordless

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Today: Anatomy of a Ghost- Last Transmission
For fans of post hardcore/progressive/experimental. They released one album and then agreed it was the best they could put out, so they disbanded and went on to form Portugal. The Man and The Burning Room. They remind me of old Thursday and At the Drive-In.

Last Transmission

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Is anyone actually listening to these? lolz

Today is Queens of the Stone Age- Detroit (Live & Accoustic)
I really don't know what this song is from, I'm guessing it's a cover or from one of their side projects. Mark Lanegan, part time member of the band, sings and his raspy- gravel voice is perfect for it. I believe it's from an accoustic bootleg of a show they did in Berlin in 2002.

Detroit

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
haha fair enough, anything you'd like to hear Camby?

oh I got a couple more demos from HHH, but they're pretty crappy quality and unfinished/short. If you or anyone else wants them just ask.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Was a little too hungover to get one up today lol, so here's two.

First is Dustin Kensrue- Pistol. For fans of Thrice, accoustic and good/old school country. I love this whole album, can't wait for the new Thrice record either.
Pistol

And todays is Silversun Pickups- Well Thought Out Twinkles. For fans of Smashing Pumpkins and "shoegaze rock" (Still dunno what that means lol). The whole album is great and they're starting to get a lot of play so check it out and tell your friends you heard of them before they did.
Well Thought Out Twinkles

If anyone has any genres or artists they'd like me to put up please say so, I try to listen to everything.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
B-Buzz said:
And todays is Silversun Pickups- Well Thought Out Twinkles. For fans of Smashing Pumpkins and "shoegaze rock" (Still dunno what that means lol). The whole album is great and they're starting to get a lot of play so check it out and tell your friends you heard of them before they did.
Well Thought Out Twinkles
Carnavas was one of the best releases of 2006. Do you have their Pikul EP? It's really good too.

I'm downloading the other song now.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Thrice is pretty good? For some reason or another I always lumped them in with bands like Bullet For My Valentine and Atreyu (I know they are the same "genre", I mean bands that suck) I'll have to check them out...where should I start?

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Get The Artist In the Ambulance and The Illusion of Safety first. They were a lot more heavier on their earlier albums.

I liked both of those albums a lot. OMOP reminds me of Damiera.