Random Album/Song upload thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Merge this shit with my thread and change the title again to Random Shit. lol my thread's dead and I've been asking people to post shit in there for months, no skin off my back to get it really going.

But I've never really liked Strata and my Aussie friend told me about Butterfly awhile ago and I never got into it.
I'll up Ground Components- An Eye For A Brow, A Tooth For A Pick tomorrow. My favorite aussie album ever.

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
This is cool, haha, shit and I had this long paragraph that I was about to post that isn't applicable anymore...alright, hmm, i'll post some more tomorrow, my fingers are getting hella discoordinated(sp?) right now.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
@ Carnage
Tell me about it. I'm going to start setting designated days for me to be able to post stuff in here. That sentence just took me over a minute to type without it looking fucked, and same goes for this one. lol and I always feel bad because I'm all "wooooo I'm fucking wasted" and I know Cory's been a better person than I have about that stuff.
Anygay, this thread should be awesome now.

lol alright Camby.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The Mercury Project is dope, I've always liked their stuff.

If you want some good relaxing start of day/end of day music check out The Appleseed Cast's album called Low Level Owl Vol. 1.

It should be pretty easy to find but if you can't I'll upload it when I get home from work tonight.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
At least with rapidshit getting shut down everyone has to upload to good sites like zshare and mediafire lol.

And I have a Mac and for some reason I can never open password rar's, so I'll see if I can find another link to that album carnage.

Upping Ground Components right now. Should have it up in 40 minutes or so.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Rapidshare got shutdown? For what?
Looks like it's still up right now, but I saw this earlier today.
On 19 January 2007, news broke that German collections agency GEMA had claimed to have won a temporary injunction against both RapidShare.de and RapidShare.com. "The latter is said to have used copyright protected works of GEMA members in an unlawful fashion,". To date RapidShare has claimed not to have any knowledge of the content uploaded by the users and of not being in a position to control the content. Through its injunctions the District Court in Cologne had now however made it clear to the company that the fact that it was the users and not the operator of the services that uploaded the content onto the sites did not, from a legal point of view, lessen the operator’s liability for copyright infringements that occurred within the context of the services, the spokesman added.
And supposedly they had some year long extension thing to keep the site going and it's supposed to be shut down this week for good.
Might be bullshit, but I wouldn't mind.

Jan 14, 2006
this is what i read:

As of 19 January 2008 16:00 GMT, Rapidshare’s servers appear to be offline. There are rumors that Rapidshare has been shut down by the authorities after a court order, however, court records do not reveal any issued Rapidshare court order as of yet. Rapidshare technician Steven Gircham has commented on this issue -

“There are rumors concerning attacks made on the Rapidshare.com servers. There are also rumors that Rapidshare has been shut down by a court order. These rumors are false. We would like to apologize to our users and inform them that no data has been lost. There have been some hardware issues as a result of high bandwidth and server overload. We are doing our very best to resolve the hardware issues, and users should expect uptime by midnight tonight (GMT)”

Source: http://www.blog.biggestinfo.com/

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I bought a 48 hour account once, yeah, haha, I was just trying to downplay it's importance. Which one did you get? It's not that much considering how many people use rapidshare to upload files. I might get another account. Just maybe.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I broke down and bought a six month one (I think, whatever is the one under a year is the one I got.) I was going to buy a year one when it was up in a few months but I'll wait to see if this was just a rumor or what's really going on first. I still got like 3 months left or so.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm bored as hell so I'm about to up (well grab a bunch of links of the net lol) a lot of stuff I don't think most of you have heard...well maybe minus Smurf lol.

Seeing Carnage and RJ were talking about their favorite Aussie bands, here is one that is certainly in my top 3.

Grey Daturas - Dead in the Woods

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H8KVS43

Password: bloodistruth

http://www.myspace.com/greydaturas

Grey Daturas are a noise rock band from Melbourne, Australia. The band formed in 2001, originally performing improvised music to 16 mm film projections. They cite their influences as The Stooges, Earth, John Coltrane, John Cage, Darkthrone, and DNA. Band members include Robert Mayson, Bonnie Mercer and Robert MacManus.
If you aren't a big fan of experimental or noise rock it might not be for you. But just go to their myspace and check out "Golden Gate Blues." It is fucking amazing. I'd consider them like Stoner Noise or some shit like that lol.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
All info in this post are jacked from Zen and the Art of Face Punching blogspot so make sure to check out Blend's site. He is a good guy and ups some great music. He is on a short break from blogging right now but should be back soon.

Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun

Disc One: Moon
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F001NVIR

Disc Two: Sun
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4M60EMF1

Natural Snow Buildings...Where the hell did this band come from? I know there is alot of shit out there, and its easy to miss it, especially when youre a full on music junkie like I am. But letting this one pass you by is like missing and elephant waking by in broad daylight. This album is a huge pagan monolith of universal proportions. Now dont mistake my analogies, this album is large, but not grind-you-up-and-spit-you-out large, nor is it 16-band-members, full-on-orchestra large. It is really just 2 1/2 hours of droning psych and raga, falling sometimes near early Six Organs works, at other times falling near Iron & Wine in simple beautiful melancholy, still other times sounding like Animal Collective on downers, the whole time treading the line between a Sunn 0)))-like darkness and a twinkling post-rock ambience such as Eluvium or even Explosions in the Sky. It is a slow burn, starting with Disc 1, Moon, dripping like sap from a tree while nymphs and satyrs slowly sway with the leaves. There are some heavy, cerebral moments here, namely the 15 minute true opener (after a short folk intro), Cut Joint Sinews & Divided Reincarnation. Similar moments exist in the 25 minute Felt Presence, Ghostly Humming and short and sweet Rain Parade. Interspersed throughout are shorter folk songs, often with a similar acoustic drone fluttering just behind the melody. Disc 2, Sun starts off darker, opening with the spooky and unsettling Tupilak before taking us into more droning folk and subtle atmospherics. The high point here is Ten Guardian-Spirits Motherfucker, with a steady back beat and sharply plucked yet shimmering guitars over an evil drone that could easily be likened to the sun rising over the desert. Images abound in the lengthier songs and would be greatly enjoyed by fans of the acoustic drone/ psych sound. The shorter, folkier songs keep the album from getting bogged down in its own wall of noise and bring it back to earth, making Natural Snow Buildings a band firmly rooted in the earth and the stars.

Natural Snow Buildings is a duo from France, consisting of artists Mehdi and Solange, and have released one album prior to Moon and Sun called Ghost Folks, which apprently owes more of its sound to Constellation Records and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. The band has self-released its latest double cd-r in highly limited quantities with hand made packaging and artwork, and basically they are all sold out, so this is a good chance to hear a band that should hopefully be a force to contend with in short time.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
One of my favorite albums from 2007. Made a thread about them awhile back but it turned into Psilo and myself talking about Les Savy Fav and The Faint lol.

Meneguar - Strangers In Our House

http://www.megadownload.net/download/mu/levvq68w/meneguar-strangers-in-our-hous..zip

For fans of Modest Mouse, Q and Not U, and the forementioned Les Savy Fav.

Here is their first album too named I Was Born At Night.

http://www.megadownload.net/download/mu/bdex9k50/meneguar.rar

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/meneguar

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Here is a band that has been a personal favorite of mine for awhile now, Boston's Junius. There music is so good. Think a darker sounding Interpol and you kind of have Junius.

Here is both of their EPs Blood Is Bright and Forcing Out the Silence in one link.

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/60769121/Junius-Junius-RDR117-2007-pyt.rar

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/junius

Check out "A Word Could Kill Her" on their myspace. One of my favorite songs to come out in years. The whole Blood Is Bright EP is amazing.

"One of the most engaging dark rock albums to come out since Joy Division last graced a stage." - Disclosure Magazine