The official The Weeknd thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2006
lulz, didnt see a thread, was surprised, uploaded thread.

yeah, im on the second listen and i think its pretty dope. i feel i will still like house of balloons over this though even after it all soaks in.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
this joint is more hipster than R&B, he knows his fanbase, and watch, other new school R&B cats will jock it anyway

HoB is def better and an easier listen, but I appreciate the risks he took production-wise on this

Mar 18, 2003
lulz, didnt see a thread, was surprised, uploaded thread.
Don't worry about it. Posting outside of the Random (hipster) thread is encouraged, so long as the music/album is thread-worthy. Otherwise, people such as myself who are intolerant to the majority of what is posted in that thread would not hear about it. With that being said, I've never heard of "The Weeknd", and I just youtube'd a bunch of videos and from what I've heard thus far, I am very impressed. I don't listen to much R&b but this shit is just so fucking smooth. Thanks for this.

PS: I listened to songs off the first album, will listen to this one later.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
this joint is more hipster than R&B, he knows his fanbase, and watch, other new school R&B cats will jock it anyway

HoB is def better and an easier listen, but I appreciate the risks he took production-wise on this
yeah I listened to this and We Are the Noise back to back and miss the older, dancier stuff he did

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i like the weeknd. i still listen to the other album, too. deciding if i like this one still.

Why?

Banned
Sep 8, 2011
A friend of mine showed me them 2 weeks ago when I was on Ecstasy and I haven't been able to stop listening to them.

Mar 18, 2003
The Weeknd feat. Drake - The Zone

Annoying as fuck that all the groupies are jockin' The Weeknd over this song cause Drake is in it, and it's far from his best work.

Just had to say that. Every time I log onto facebook some dumb bitch is posting this song talking bout The Weeknd. Shut up, hoe.

Props: :ab: