The official The Weeknd thread.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
this dude Abel must have a lot of work done in post-production because he sounds off-key in a lot of parts. its still cool to hear the live versions of these tracks tho.

The Weeknd - Live For This (Coachella 2012)

01. The Weeknd - High For This (3:21)
02. The Weeknd - D.D. & The Birds (Part 1) (3:04)
03. The Weeknd - Rolling Stone (2:35)
04. The Weeknd - Gone (1:49)
05. The Weeknd - Crew Love (2:24)
06. The Weeknd - The Zone (3:27)
07. The Weeknd - The Party & The After Party (7:53)
08. The Weeknd - The Knowing (6:12)
09. The Weeknd - Outside (4:48)
10. The Weeknd - The Morning (4:45)
11. The Weeknd - House Of Balloons & Glass Table Girls (6:49)
12. The Weeknd - Wicked Games (Acoustic) (5:33)
Live @ Coachella 2012

May 25, 2005
letter he sent out to the fans...

To my fans,

I want to thank you for listening and being patient for as long as you have. No matter what an artist’s ego clouds them to believe, you are the reason why I have been able to continue to do what I love to do and that is to entertain you. My journey for inspiration may seem like masochism to others who have not been given the task to make art, but best believe it brings me nothing but joy.

Because I am a man of few words, I chose to make a viral video to show you how I felt and where I stand. I usually don’t like to ‘spoon feed’ my audience because I grew up idolizing story tellers who tell stories using symbolism, so it was in my nature to do the same. The Rolling Stone video takes place in a dimly lit studio which represents the two worlds I have been stuck in. The gloomy side represents the mainstream world while the other side represents the underground. The girl holding on represents you. As the world slowly gets familiar with my face the more you will lose interest (hence the pieces of her clothing coming off at every shot). The camera lights symbolize the crossover, and when they begin to flash I look away from the underground. Even though I don’t want to, it is a step that I feel I must take to evolve as an artist.

This predicament is impossible to relate to unless you are put in that unique situation. I want you to know and understand that this does not mean what you think it means, and I made sure of that in my deal. You will continue to get what you fell in love with, and I will continue to give you what you ask for. I’ll never make you wait again. With that being said expect more from me very soon leading up to “TRILOGY”. Thank you again for your patience and loyalty, I will not disappoint.

Sincerely,

Abel Tesfaye XO

time will tell, i've heard this "claim" before though...

Props: infinity

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Looks like we're getting 3 new tracks. Plus it's re-mixed/remastered so some other tracks may sound different. Due out November 13th. I'll post a link when it drops.

The Weeknd – Trilogy (Tracklisting):
Part 1: House of Balloons
1. High for This
2. What You Need
3. House of Balloons / Glass Table Girls
4. The Morning
5. Wicked Games
6. The Party & The After Party
7. Coming Down
8. Loft Music
9. The Knowing
10. Twenty Eight
Part 2: Thursday
1. Lonely Star
2. Life of the Party
3. Thursday
4. The Zone (Feat. Drake)
5. The Birds, Pt. 1
6. The Birds, Pt. 2
7. Gone
8. Rolling Stone
9. Heaven or Las Vegas
10. Valerie
Part 3: Echoes of Silence
1. D.D.
2. Montreal
3. Outside
4. XO / The Host
5. Initiation
6. Same Old Song (Feat. Juicy J)
7. The Fall
8. Next
9. Echoes of Silence
10. Till Dawn (Here Comes the Sun)
11. The Zone (Video)

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Drake always had a verse on The Zone and Juicy J is the one talking shit during the end of Same Old Song, you rube.