The Official Blood Orange Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Definitely diggin' the new album, definitely like Cupid Deluxe more. E.V.P. and Hadron Collider w/ Nelly Furtado are both so good. There really aren't any weak songs on the album I just personally think that Cupid Deluxe connected all the dots better than this.

Also if someone could please get Dev & Thundercat to collab on a song, EP, album, whatever, together that would be really awesome.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Defy @Defy Elemenno @Elemenno :ab: @:ab: yall peep it yet?
yo! I only downloaded it, haven't heard it yet... is it good? I've been slippin when it comes to new music

y'all still going to that show later this month?

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I've had my ticket since I posted about it.

Album is great, it's really layered & varied with its instrumentation & references/samples. Def feels more like his 1st album & mixtape at times. I forget what song but he throws in some of those old beach rock riffs again. I'm pretty sure this is the lost guest vocalist he's had on a project but imo it's more seamless than cupid deluxe, prolly cuz there's no guys rapping on it lol.

Only negatives to me is to give it a more mixtape flow none of the songs are given the chance to feel as "big" as songs like chamakay or chosen, which were some of my fav moments on the last album. Could prolly do without the skits too but they're really short so it's not that big of an issue.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
I've had my ticket since I posted about it.

Album is great, it's really layered & varied with its instrumentation & references/samples. Def feels more like his 1st album & mixtape at times. I forget what song but he throws in some of those old beach rock riffs again. I'm pretty sure this is the lost guest vocalist he's had on a project but imo it's more seamless than cupid deluxe, prolly cuz there's no guys rapping on it lol.

Only negatives to me is to give it a more mixtape flow none of the songs are given the chance to feel as "big" as songs like chamakay or chosen, which were some of my fav moments on the last album. Could prolly do without the skits too but they're really short so it's not that big of an issue.
daamn if the show was in the city I'd go for sure, I'll be down next time tho
iono bout no Berkeley lol

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Dev Hynes of Blood Orange has a new collaborative song with Bryndon Cook of Starchild & the New Romantic called “Hymn” which they’re releasing under the name VeilHymn. Cook and Hynes have been friends for a while (and have both worked with Solange) — Starchild has opened for Blood Orange, Cook rapped on Hynes’ cover of Lemonade’s “Neptune”, and he sang on Freetown Sound — but this was their first time in the studio together. It’s a slow jam, featuring Cook on lead vocals with Dev handling productions duties.
VeilHymn is Dev Hynes (Blood Orange) & Bryndon Cook (Starchild); LISTEN to ‘Hymn’ (BV Premiere)