New Order: where to start?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Do it

Sicc OG
Mar 11, 2005
I guess the title of the thread says it all. I need recommendations regarding their albums, compilations and songs..

Thanks in advance.

Feb 23, 2005
I'd start off with Joy Division - Heart and Soul. The band members in New Order were apart of that group before Ian Curtis killed himself. After getting that, get New Order - Singles. Which has all their good songs to see if you like them.

May 16, 2002
start with the singles collection. go from there. i see some suggested starting with joy division...

although they are the remaining members of joy division, they sound nothing like them aside from the eariest stuff that came from the ashes of joy division.

Feb 23, 2005
smuggla said:
although they are the remaining members of joy division, they sound nothing like them aside from the eariest stuff that came from the ashes of joy division.
They might not sound alike, but it's good to hear the music before they became New Order. Joy Division is darker than New Order. Joy Division is great and I love New Order's cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart, even though it's practically their song.

May 16, 2002
JesterMIR said:
They might not sound alike, but it's good to hear the music before they became New Order.

completely agreed. but dude asked about new order.

if someone asked me about foo fighters i wouldnt tell him to get nirvana.