Myspace Transmissions vs Blue Sky Noise

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Circa Survive - The Myspace Transmissions

http://www.mediafire.com/?74h4hkjhcvnp71u

They cover Scentless Apprentence by Nirvana on it too.
This is amazing.

On first listen, I'm really enjoying it. I think it blows Blue Sky Noise out of the water. However it accomplished something different. It made me go back and listen to the same song on BSN again. I discovered that I enjoy that album after being so dissapointed in it for so long. I was expecting On Letting Go Part 2 and when it wasn't that I didn't really care. I think I like the gritty MST version of these songs better which really makes me think that BSN suffered from being over produced.

What does everyone else think?

Mar 18, 2003
Haven't listened to it. What is the difference? Is it just the clarity or are the songs recorded differently?

Interesting that you say you kinda just gave up on this album when it wasn't what you thought it would be (OLG). Because, I gave up on "On Letting Go..." in pretty much the same fashion when I felt it wasn't up to par with Juturna. You see--and I'm sure I'm alone on this one--Juturna is my favorite CS album. It just is. Anyways, I have come to like all of their albums thus far, which is what really matters. Sometimes I have trouble adapting to change. One of the only bands that made a big change in style and immediately got BETTER (to me), IMO was Brand New with The Devil and God... In most other cases it takes me a while to see the true value in some music. Of course, naturally, I didn't care much for Daisy.