Music News

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
this isn't news and it's from May but I saw this yesterday and died laughing. Wait until he starts singing.

A shit faced drunk Brent Hinds (of Mastodon) stops by the Austin School of Rock for a guitar clinic and performs a couple of songs with School of Rock students.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
GIRLS SET TO RELEASE FATHER, SON, HOLY GHOST ON SEPT 12, 2011

On September 12th, 2011 in UK/Europe, September 13th in US and September 7th in Japan, San Francisco’s Girls will release their second album and third record Father, Son, Holy Ghost on Fantasytrashcan/Turnstile. The album comes two years after their debut (Album), and one year after the follow-up EP (Broken Dreams Club). It is their most accomplished to date.
On the third anniversary of the birth of Girls as a band Christopher Owens and Chet White found themselves entering the studio to begin recording their second album. More a collection of gear than a studio, recording took place in the bowels of a San Francisco office building. The two teamed up with new drummer Darren Weiss and guitarist John Anderson assembling performances and ultimately creating new music and musical relationships to carry the band through its newest incarnation. Quickly the record took shape and with the luxury of time and an outstanding and vast collection of amplifiers as well as tube and transistor based recording equipment the sound was formed. Less explorative than previous records the sound is built on the ideas and ears of a much more confident band. And the outcome is their most important release to date.

Girls have taken what they've always done best and have displayed it with amazing clarity and the strongest of intent. Classic songwriting coupled with exciting production is their way. “I’m still all the same,” Owens says. “I still know I have to do it. I still love the songs and writing songs.”

Father. Son, Holy Ghost is at times ebullient and at times absolutely devastating. A truly beautiful record and the perfect amalgamation of a band’s past and present while most importantly leaving us all excited and hungry for their future

Track Listing:
1. Honey Bunny
2. Alex
3. Die
4. Saying I Love You
5. My Ma
6. Vomit
7. Just A Song
8. Magic
9. Forgiveness
10. Love Like A River
11. Jamie Marie

Yeeessssssssss! This could be my soundtrack to late summer and the fall. Awesome.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
goddamnit Mic :(

Coheed & Cambria Bassist Arrested for Armed Robbery Before Gig

Michael Todd, the bassist for the band Coheed and Cambria, was arrested for armed robbery after he allegedly held up a Walgreens by claiming he had a bomb ... and this all went down right before they played a show!

According to police in Attleboro, MA ... Todd showed a pharmacist a cell phone note that said he had a bomb and demanded Oxycontin. He made off with six bottles of pain pill and fled via taxi.

But police say he was spotted in the cab and police were able to track it via the dispatcher ... to the Comcast Center where Coheed and Cambria were set to open up for Soundgarden.

Police said Todd was arrested without incident after he was identified by the cab driver, the pharmacist and by store surveillance video.

Todd was charged with armed robbery and unlawful possession of prescription narcotics. He is being held on $10,000 bail and will be arraigned on Monday morning.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Former Queens of the Stone Age bassist Nick Oliveri has been arrested for felony domestic violence following a stand-off with a S.W.A.T. team at his home in Los Angeles.

According to a report by TMZ, Oliveri's girlfriend told police she went to his house to collect her belongings following an argument the previous day in which the bassist struck her. This led to another serious confrontation that resulted in Oliveri locking them both inside his duplex.
Photos: Queens of the Stone Age at SXSW 2011

Police arrived, responding to a 911 call from a neighbor, and Oliveri refused to let them in or let his girlfriend leave. A S.W.A.T. team was called in, which led to tense negotiations resulting in the girlfriend being set free after two hours, and Oliveri turning himself in two hours after that. Once they were inside the house, police discovered that Oliveri had a fully loaded high-powered rifle in his possession.

Oliveri has since been released after posting $100,000 bail.
Bad week for bass players.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall

Last month, we reported that New Jersey suburban rockers Real Estate had signed to Domino. On October 18 in North America and October 17 in Europe, the band will put out a new LP on that label, Days. The album was recorded this past winter and spring in upstate New York by Kevin McMahon (Titus Andronicus, the Walkmen). Below, check out the tracklist, and stream or download (e-mail address required for the latter) album cut "It's Real", which will see release as a single on September 27 in the U.S. and October 10 in the UK, backed by a new version of old tune "Blue Lebaron".

Days:

01 Easy
02 Green Aisles
03 It's Real
04 Kinder Blumen
05 Out of Tune
06 Municipality
07 Wonder Years
08 Three Blocks
09 Younger Than Yesterday
10 All The Same

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
here's the stream for Pitchfork all weekend.
I'll be there tomorrow and sunday. Look for a pink Stussy shirt giggin on the Gang Gang Dance stream

Friday, July 15

8:30 Animal Collective (Green)
7:20 Neko Case (Red)
6:25 Guided By Voices (Green)
5:30 Thurston Moore (Red)
4:35 Battles (Green)
3:30 EMA (Red)
Saturday, July 16 (gates at 12 p.m.):

8:30 Fleet Foxes (Green)
7:25 DJ Shadow (Red)
6:15 The Dismemberment Plan (Green)
5:15 Destroyer (Red)
4:15 Gang Gang Dance (Green)
3:20 No Age (Red)
2:30 Cold Cave (Green)
1:45 Woods (Red)
1:00 Julianna Barwick (Green)
Sunday, July 17 (gates at 12 p.m.):

7:25 Cut Copy (Red)
6:15 Deerhunter (Green)
5:15 Superchunk (Red)
4:15 Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti (Green)
3:20 OFWGKTA (Red)
2:30 Kurt Vile & the Violators (Green)
1:45 Yuck (Red)
1:00 The Fresh & Onlys (Green)

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Who are you all catching RJ? Or is that who you are all catching actually? lol
I'm aiming for this:
Sat- No Age, Gang Gang Dance, maybe Destroyer for a little bit, The Radio Dept, Twin Shadow, DJ Shadow and Fleet Foxes
Sun- The Fresh & Onlys, Yuck, Golf Wang, Ariel Pink for a bit to see if he has a breakdown, Baths, Toro y Moi, Cut Copy, TV On the Radio

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Cold Cave is on right now. I have never seen so many hipsters in one spot in my life. Then again that's Pfork fest in general I guess.

Wearing all black with leather jackets has to be brutal in that midwest summer heat for the band. Maybe one of them will pass out if I keep watching.