dont know exactly what genre to call this but...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
anybody listen to more i guess "folky" artists like M Ward or iron and wine?

or have suggestions on bands or artists that excel in this genre?

lookin for some more mellow shit lately

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Yeah, fuck your avatar man!

I have no idea what is going on right now. What were we talking about?

I just got a Zune, it's awesome. That's neither here nor their but I just felt like sharing.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
Yeah, fuck your avatar man!

I have no idea what is going on right now. What were we talking about?
emo folk music

and yes,zunes are quite awesome

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
this C&L album is pretty damn good RJ...

and i am not even going to touch anything under the genre "neo country"...i dont care what you say

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'd like to start by saying Iron and Wine is fucking awesome. I've heard quite a bit about M Ward but never got around to checking him out, I'll have to change that sometime soon.

I'll start with one of my faves for right now, William Elliott Whitmore, the man makes some amazing fucking music. So you know the next two things up I'm going to post are...

http://www.myspace.com/whitmorewilliamelliott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Elliott_Whitmore

I'm kind of busy right now so I'll post up some more later.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Nuttkase said:
I'd like to start by saying Iron and Wine is fucking awesome. I've heard quite a bit about M Ward but never got around to checking him out, I'll have to change that sometime soon..
nice,wasnt sure if anybody actually heard of them on here. always have both of them close by,always provides a good change in pace once in a while

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
-- Sidenote --

RJ, I just saw Battles "Mirrored" on your LastFM playlist. What did you think? Your tracklisting looks fucked up though. It's not a must that the album be listened to in order but it flows together so fucking good when you do listen to it that way.

It's still my favorite album of the year, if not the last few years.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
definitly needs to listened to all the way through. the tracks dont hold up much on their own but they are blended well when played all at once.