Warren G Announces "Regulate... G Funk Era Part II" EP Featuring Nate Dogg

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014

After years of wait, Warren G has finally announced that he will release his new EP Regulate… G Funk Era Part II on August 6th. This will serve as a sequel to his debut album released in 1994 and the first project since The G Files album in 2009.

Moreover, the rapper-producer will be teaming up with his late friend Nate Dogg on the first single ‘My House‘. The late singer is also set to appear on more tracks on the project. Some of the other artists Warren worked with on the EP are E-40, Too $hort, Young Jeezy and Bun B.

Warren told Billboard:

“I feel real good that I am getting the chance to let people hear a lot of that sound that has been missing [in] hip-hop. I finally have records that I had in the archives that I put together to let the world hear some of that G Funk that they’ve been missing and wanting to hear for long time. [Fans] will be able to hear unreleased songs with me and Nate. They have been asking for years; ever since he passed away and even before he passed away, they wanted music from me and him. It was a lot to work on records with one of your buddies, one of your best friends who’s not with you anymore. [But] just being able to put all the love and energy in there and making it successful… Guys that I respect a lot in the music business came aboard and collaborated with me on some tracks,” he said. “Artists like E-40, Too $hort, Young Jeezy, Bun B are vets of hip-hop. [They’re] artists that me and Nate loved and wanted to work with.”

Warren G Announces ‘Regulate… G Funk Era Part II’ EP & First Single Feat. Nate Dogg | HipHop-N-More

ispeakthetruth

Jul 27, 2008
cash in on some $ with nate doggs passing and lack of material by him in the archives hmmmm... Sounds like a line or two looped with adlibs raised higher to complete the chorus part. He titled it this way to probably build up hype. People are gonna be expecting that 1994 Warren G, but instead will be blessed with the opportunity to see the game aint shit in 2015, even when a vet trys to come back and save the day.. All the old death row cats need to get together and work on stuff.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
if he's doing this for the fans, the album has to have same vibe as this album. it doesn't need to sound the same, you can update the G-Funk, like how Detroit has updated the mob sound.

PS to you euro listeners, not everything made in the fucking 90s is G-Funk.

Feb 14, 2004
my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my my

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
basically every street rapper from detroit that's out now. the ones who really are who set it off are the doughboyz cashout, in terms of post chedda boyz/street lordz.
FAIR WARNING, the problem with the new dudes is half of them all sound the same and a lot can't rap on beat or rap in general, fuck it though. they actually work with a lot of bay rappers like philthy, yUk, 40 and so on.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
I dont think "updated" is the right word. And like you pointed out, not some great rappers there. Same with Space ghost purp and all them "updating" the Triple 6 sound.

I have no faith in this Warren G album either.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
basically every street rapper from detroit that's out now. the ones who really are who set it off are the doughboyz cashout, in terms of post chedda boyz/street lordz.
FAIR WARNING, the problem with the new dudes is half of them all sound the same and a lot can't rap on beat or rap in general, fuck it though. they actually work with a lot of bay rappers like philthy, yUk, 40 and so on.

damn all that shit was trash smh rap might don't got it