USC stadium

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
wat neighborhood iz that in??? i waz over in LA a couple of dayz ago and went to check out usc's stadium didnt know it waz in the ghetto. I was just wondering wat neighborhood itz in cuz my friend who used to live in LA says itz watts but i wasnt sure.

Nov 1, 2005
its called the los angeles memorial coliseum,not usc stadium...its considered downtown imo.as far as hoods,i think thats 18 st. territory,but im not sure.

Nov 7, 2005
I had a few jobs I had to do over there, I seen WS Harpys hit up everywhere just north of USC and PBS was hit up
around there too, that's why I said West LA.

@surcaliman, I heard that Vargas and Mayorga might be fighting this year at Staples, I'll have to find the article and
post it up on the sports board.

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah I've heard it described as being on the northern edge of what is considered South Central, but I know South Central LA has a lot of different geographic definitions to a lot of different people.

Are Dorsey HS & Crenshaw HS in South Central b/c I was working on a mapping document and it looks like those schools are too far north and west to be in what I understand to be South Central.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but do most people include lots of places outside of the city limits (i.e. Compton, Gardena, Hawthorne) in what they call South Central?

Nov 1, 2005
^^imo,if it aint within L.A.city limits it aint south central..btw,the city changed the name to south L.A. cause of the bad rep...so anything happening down there is reported as south L.A. news.

Apr 25, 2002
surcaliman said:
1) ^^imo,if it aint within L.A.city limits it aint south central..btw,2) the city changed the name to south L.A. cause of the bad rep...so anything happening down there is reported as south L.A. news.
1) OK, I guess some dumbasses just equate black people in the LA metro with South Central even if its Compton, Long Beach, Gardena, Inglewood etc

2) Yeah I knew that, they did the exact same thing up here with what was formally known as the Central District or "CD," it is now known officially as the "Central Area." When any good news reported from the area, they call it Capitol Hill or the Central Area, when any bad news is reported from the area, they call it the Central District or CD.