To Pimp A Butterfly

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2006
actually, Section 80 wasn't that bad. But this album is just average. And I'm a fan of Kendricks. Seriously, I have to listen to skits before I listen to a song is wack as fuck

Mar 9, 2003
I hear a lot of people saying Kendrick isn't the best in his own group when it comes to lyrics and delivery. I honestly haven't really payed attention to anyone else in TDE.

Apr 25, 2002
GKMC was the boring album. This album is decent bout half the songs are good which definitely above average for a rapper these days. Still like Section 80 the most but then again i actually was listening to KDot before GKMC which it seems some of you werent
I just listened to GKMC and it sounds better now than when it dropped. I think that album deserves classic status. This new one is too "out there". I just can't get with dissecting an album. I just wanna listen to good/great music. Not over -the-top so called deep lyrics.

I'll listen to RAS KASS or CANIBUS for super deep dope lyrics.

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
Album has been way over hyped! Folks looking for a West Coast Savior still. I didnt feel the beats or the rhymes were top of the pile compared to what's available right now. Fashawn, The Jacka WHTTW are more enjoyable to listen to then This. Funny thing, Dr Dre executive produced the album..Why NO DR DRE beats??? I'm disappointed in the whole package all together

Apr 25, 2002
When back and gave TO PIMP A BUTTERFLY another listen and I come to the same conclusion. This album is subpar. The music is cool but Kendrick is very weak on here. This is nothing I want to listen to in the car or at home. 2/5 at best. If GKIMDC wasn't so dope I wouldn't even be checking for him period.

Props: e$c and e$c