mc eiht speaks on beef with quik.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
this was posted in the saccs forum for those whod like to know.

Will you and DJ Quik ever make any songs together?

I have been in the studio with Quik. We did a song about two years ago. Quik was working on a sound track for this independent movie called"100 Kilos". It was the Freeway Rick story. We did a song together for that. He did the production and I was on the song rapping. Mausberg was on the song too, so was I think Hi-C. Deals were still going on. They probably fucked Quik over and didn’t pay him his money, so he kept all the tracks.

So the beef is over with you and Quik?

Yeah, we cool. I seen Quik and we have shook hands. We have done interviews together and everything. It hasn’t got to the place to where the consumers or the fans would like to see it as far as us making a record or being on tour together. We handled the beef how it is done on the streets. It’s not on records or none of that shit anymore. It’s cool now.

I remember when you two were beefing, how did it all start?

We used to go at it back then. I don’t know how it started for him but on my end it started when I had my second album out. I had a song called "Def Wish". On the song I had the phrase that say "Biting me quick, will only mean you get my dick sucked quick". I never knew nothing about no DJ Quik, but there was an actual DJ Quik. He was a Blood affiliate and I was a Crip affiliate and we were both from Compton. People hyped it to say that he was dissing you. Quik had already been dissing me. I was already an established artist. I had two albums and videos. I considered myself in the game. He was trying to get in the game. He had been putting out underground tapes. Since his Blood affiliation it was natural to go after the Crip niggaz. He made a street tape dissing Eazy because Eazy was affiliated with the Crips. He also made songs dissing Compton’s Most Wanted. That was a way for him to symbolize with his Blood homies. It was a way for him to say fuck them Crip niggaz. That’s how the beef started on his end.

If you hadn’t heard of Quik, how did you know about the underground diss records?

I have never heard of this. My DJ Mike-T who was a Blood got a copy of the tape. He played it for me. This was after the Def Wish song was already out. Naturally people were going to take that tape and my song and combine the two. People were like" Oh he dissed you on a street tape and you turned around and dissed him on the record". It all got blown way out. Then he made a comment on his next record and I made a comment on my next record. It went crazy for awhile. I did a video about him.

How did you come up with the idea for the card board cut out of Quik in your video?

Profile was marketing his next album "Way 2 Fonky" and they had those posters out. They had the card board cut outs. I got ready to do the Def Wish 2 video and I said" we got to get one of those". We had Sony order one. My love for gangsta rap was just in me. You got to have a passion. If have to realize that you might not get paid for some of this shit. You got to have love for it. Sometimes this shit might be charity. Sometimes I might have to give this shit away. I might not make a dollar off of it. Now everybody that touches it is going to make money off of it. I have never heard a record company say that they have not made a profit off of me.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
thru the beef i always had eiht's back. but when quik did dollaz and sense that destroyed eihts career, as far as mainstream. nobody take eiht serious in the mainstream aspect, like the people that did not grow up on his music. it didnt make me think no less of eiht, but quik really damaged his career with that song. i was pissed off that they didn't show that in the BEEF DVD. thats one of the best beefs of all time to me. eiht ain't tellin the real story, dem niggas had beef way back in high school days because of dat blood and crip shit. they had real beef, not know beef drummed up by an A&R

May 3, 2002
damn, i would like to have a copy of that early Quik tape.. especially dissin Eazy.. wonder what that was like.. him and Eazy goin at it would have been crazy!

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think that line is classic....8 is spelled eight and MC Eiht....it's not that hard to figure out. I'm not saying that you didn't already know that but personally I love that line and the whole verse/song for that matter.

A Quik/Eiht album would be sick....but yeah like someone else said I also like Eiht's old laid back style better. Straight Up Menace is one of the best rap songs EVER IMO.

Nuttkace

May 11, 2002
Thats Fucked Up...Quik was dissin Eazy back in the day. Then Eazy picked him & his crew up for a LP, Penthouse Players Clique "Paid Da Cost". I guess Eazy didnt take it personal. It's all about the buisness baby.

Been Drinkin

The Ghost in the Machine
Feb 20, 2004
WTF? DOllz and Senz was a fucking gay track just like That PUNK ASS PERM WEARING PUSSY.EIHT MURDERED QUIK EVERY DISS HE EVER MADE. ARE YOU FORGETTING MUSIC TO DRIVEBY. THE HARDEST SHIT OUT OR ITS A COMPTON THANG. DJ QUIK LIKES MEN. Eiht is always and will be a gangsta. Fuck Quik hes a loser the only quik cd that was good was Safe And Sound. And let you have it was his best eiht diss.