Crooked I & Statik Selektah Announce Album Together

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 26, 2014
February 6, 2015, New York, NY — Producer, DJ and radio personality Statik Selektah and lyrical wordsmith and one-quarter of rap supergroup Slaughterhouse, KXNG CROOKED will be releasing their first-ever full-length collaborative project entitled “Statik KXNG”.

“Statik KXNG” will be released via the newly formed partnership between Statik Selektah’s ShowOff Records and Penalty Entertainment. The album is slated to drop late spring.

Having worked with artists in the past like Freddie Gibbs, Action Bronson and most recently Joey Bada$$ to name a few, Statik Selektah has created an abundance of solid projects with some of the most notable lyricists within the industry.

KXNG CROOKED, an amazingly talented artist, owner and CEO of numerous labels with a lengthy “rap sheet” of his own, has been on an everlasting grind as well since the creation of Muscle Records at the age of 17. Having released a number of solo projects and contributions to the Slaughterhouse camp, his lyrical prowess MESHED with Statik Selektah’s polished PRODUCTION is sure to enrapture hip hop fans of all walks of life.

Intended to compete with the release of the recent DJ Premier and Royce da 5’9” album “PRhyme”, “Statik KXNG” will contain that “pure” hip hop format with a sonically inclined integrity while still striving to captivate a mass audience.

When asked about the collaboration, Statik Selektah noted that “CROOKED and I have been talking about doing something for a minute and when I saw DJ Premier and Royce release “PRyhme”, I was like, ‘Now is perfect’. So we’re gonna knock out ten classics and keep the ball rolling. I think Crooked is one of the most analyzed yet under-mentioned MCs ever.”

KXNG CROOKED was also quoted as saying, “I always wanted to do a project with Statik because I feel like his production embodies the same thing my rhyme style does: raw hip hop. Sh*t that’s true to the art. Plus, we’re just two of the illest at what we do in the game today so it makes perfect sense.”
Owner and CEO of Penalty Entertainment Neil Levine had this to say about the signing, “I’m pleased to be working with two of the most talented guys in the game. Penalty is more than excited to be a part of the release of the Statik Selektah and KXNG CROOKED collaborative album “Statik KXNG.”
KXNG CROOKED called in to Statik Selektah’s Shade 45 Showoff Radio Show on Sirius XM Thursday, February 5, 2015 to make the announcement.

You can hear the audio clip here:

Apr 25, 2002
With Crooked I you never know. He waited soooo long to drop an official album and that turned out to be a disappointment. I don't know why artists like CROOKED I, NIPSEY HUSSLE, KILLA KYLEON, & JAY ELECTRONICA to name a few are "song struck" when it comes to making their own albums

Stealth

May 8, 2002
With Crooked I you never know. He waited soooo long to drop an official album and that turned out to be a disappointment. I don't know why artists like CROOKED I, NIPSEY HUSSLE, KILLA KYLEON, & JAY ELECTRONICA to name a few are "song struck" when it comes to making their own albums
When he dropped Mr. Pigface Weaponwaist, U Shoulda Made A Phone Call was one of the best songs of 2009.

I think some rappers just have a hard time coming up with 3 solid verses. Probably why he's so successful with his Slaughterhouse tracks.