Compton's Most Wanted- "This is Compton" -1987 eiht with jeri curls

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
i never seen this video before, i never knew there was a video to this song. i still bump this joint. fire track. damn im surprise, check it out the early days of mc eiht..

Mar 17, 2006
Thats Dj Unknown one of the members of CMW back then...yeah thats an old video but classic CMW
LOL, that's not DJ Unknown.

The Unknown DJ aka Andre Manuel is a west coast legend/pioneer who's been in the game about as long as Ice T. He made some dope electro records prior to the emergence of non-electro west coast hip-hop (NWA, Kid Frost, King Tee etc.) He's also black. Ice T name drops him on the original 6 In The Morning single.

The whiteboy is DJ Ant, CMW's original DJ. When Mike T joined the group, Eiht said they had planned to roll with two DJ's but Ant left the group because he was way off into some bangin' shit. Funny that the whiteboy was the legit banger of the crew.

If I'm not mistaken, the other black dude (who's not Eiht or Chill) isn't Unknown either, it's DJ Slip. Not sure though, can't get a good look at him in the video.

STRATEGY

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid

The Unknown DJ aka Andre Manuel is a west coast legend/pioneer who's been in the game about as long as Ice T. He made some dope electro records prior to the emergence of non-electro west coast hip-hop (NWA, Kid Frost, King Tee etc.) He's also black. Ice T name drops him on the original 6 In The Morning single.

The whiteboy is DJ Ant, CMW's original DJ. When Mike T joined the group, Eiht said they had planned to roll with two DJ's but Ant left the group because he was way off into some bangin' shit. Funny that the whiteboy was the legit banger of the crew.

If I'm not mistaken, the other black dude (who's not Eiht or Chill) isn't Unknown either, it's DJ Slip. Not sure though, can't get a good look at him in the video.

STRATEGY
Right on! Thanks for refreshing my memory on CMW. It's been buggin' me since dude asked who the white cat was. I couldn't remember either and was a huge CMW back in those days. All I remember was "Late Night Hype" was smooth and "It's a Compton Thang" had a tight ass beat! I know DJ Mike T was the designated scratcher for that particular album.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
You read to much Wikepedia....its unknown...My homie did alot a shit with eiht and still fucks with chill to this day, and Slip lives across the street from my homie in Long Beach.

Mar 17, 2006
You read to much Wikepedia....its unknown...My homie did alot a shit with eiht and still fucks with chill to this day, and Slip lives across the street from my homie in Long Beach.

Settle down little fella, it's ok to be wrong.

Why so defensive?

I don't need no Wiki for this, I was bumpin' the Unknown DJ back before you were in diapers. HE'S NOT WHITE. The end.

STRATEGY

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
^^^this guy.. So you was listening to him when you was about 6 or 7 years old....I mean I was born in 1970...I thought he came out in the mid to late 80's....Never said he was white, but how do you know what he looks like? his "12" records aint have no cover.....anyways thats unknown on the cover ..bye bye O.G.

Nov 13, 2004
Anybody know where to get the clean version of Its a Compton Thang? I was in like 7th Grade when it came out and my brother used to bump that shit. The clean version had a song called "We Made It". anybody got it?

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Anybody know where to get the clean version of Its a Compton Thang? I was in like 7th Grade when it came out and my brother used to bump that shit. The clean version had a song called "We Made It". anybody got it?
I probably have it in my collection...I'll have to go thru the trunks to see, but til then here's the song

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Label: Orpheus Records, EMI America
Catalog#: D1-75627, D 175627
Format: Vinyl, LP

Released: Feb 1990
Genre: Hip Hop
Style: Gangsta
Credits: Artwork By [Design] - Darryl Davis
Artwork By [Direction] - Henry Marquez
Engineer - Mike "Webeboomindashit" Edwards
Keyboards [Additional] - Darryl 'Lyrrad' Davis
Mastered By - Jack Skinner
Other [Chief Aministrator] - Anne L. Thomas
Other [Production Aministrator] - Paul Biagas
Other [Production Coordinator] - Weldon Cochren
Other [Project Coordinator] - Lynda Simmons
Photography - Phil Bedel
Producer, Arranged By - D.J. Slip* , Unknown*
Scratches - D.J. Mike T*
Written-By - Aaron Tyler , Terry Allen (2) (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
Written-By, Keyboards, Executive Producer - Andre Manuel (tracks: A1 to B2, B4, B5)
Notes: A6 recorded live @ Lonzo's in 1988
All other instruments: Andre Manel &
Terry Allen (DJ Slip)
Recorded @ THLLSS Studios, Los Angeles, CA

Produced for Big Beat Productions, Inc.
Designated scratcher: DJ Mike T

All songs published by Grandma's Hand Music, Beverly Glen Publishing, or Spaced Hand Music

Recorded at Thllss Studios, Los Angeles, CA
Mastered by Jack Skinner, The Other Room, Queens, New York

Distributed by EMI-US

Jul 2, 2002
www.myspace.com

STRATEGY
props, was bout to say that but was to lazy to type!! good lookin out!