Charges Dropped Against San Diego Rapper ‘Tiny Doo’

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
SAN DIEGO – A local rapper who has spent eight months behind bars for his song lyrics may soon go free.

A judge has dropped conspiracy charges against Brandon Duncan — who goes by the rapper name “Tiny Doo” — and more than a dozen other gang members.

Duncan’s attorney, Brian Watkins, talked to 10News on the phone after the ruling.

“His spirits are up now,” said Watkins. “It’s been a terrible situation for him. He’s been in jail for over half a year.”

Duncan and 14 other gang members were charged in a gang conspiracy involving nine shootings since April 2013.

Duncan has not been tied directly to the shootings, but he is the first person to be charged under a little-used statute approved by California voters in 2000 that allows for the prosecution of gang members if they benefited from crimes committed by other gang members.

In a jailhouse interview with 10News, he said his album “No Safety” is merely about urban culture and does not promote gang violence.

“I’m just painting a picture of a story, that’s it,” Duncan said. “I’m not telling anybody ‘hey go commit this crime.'”

In court, the judge found no proof that Duncan knew anything about any of the shootings or that he benefited from them in any way.

Duncan will be back in court on Friday.

Charges Dropped Against San Diego Rapper ‘Tiny Doo’

Jul 26, 2007
Allah Thank you for saving this man from a Genocide, Shit "The American Sniper" Was Based On A Known Racist Who Killed BLACKS IN Katrina Now Gonna Get An OSCAR. When My Mans in Jail Had No Record I aint Main Stream Just From The Hood