Above The Law / Big Hutch aka Cold 187um Update

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Taken From www.abvdlaw.com

October 5, 2005

Damon X (GM of WestWorld Records) informed us via e-mail that he just spoke to Hutch and had very encouraging news from ATL front-man, Big Hutch a.k.a. Cold 187um. “Hutch has been moved from Nevada to Arkansas to finish out his term. This move proved to be a positive step, since it means that he will be home even earlier than expected. He told me that during his time in prison, he has realized who has/who doesn’t have his back. He also had time to re-evaluate himself and his career. Hutch has written over 50 songs and when he comes out, he’s going ballistic in promoting his name, production abilities, and several business ventures he’ll be embarking on.” In regards to the recent passing of his Uncle, Willie “Hutch” Hutchison, Big Hutch said “I want to thank everybody for the support and love that has been shown worldwide. My family has taken my Uncle’s death really hard and it’s been hard on me as well especially due to my current situation here. But thanks again to everybody for their support.” ABVDLAW.COM is currently working on getting an exclusive interview with Hutch in the near future, so stay tuned.

For those who didn't know:

September 19, 2005

Early this morning The Hutchison family informed us that the Legendary songwriter, producer, and musician Willie Hutch passed away today. As most of you know Willie Hutch is the uncle to Above The Law's Cold187um a.k.a. Big Hutch. Willie Hutch provided years of great music and was instrumental in the careers of stars including Michael Jackson. We here at abvdlaw.com would like to honor the legacy of the Man and his music. Here is some information regarding one of Motown's greatest songwriters. Willie Hutch, just like your family, friends, and fans the world over, we celebrate your life and the music you provided us with. Millions of Rhythm and Blues and Motown fans are mourning the loss of Willie Hutch. The soul singer and songwriter died last night at his home in Dallas, Texas. The cause of death has not yet been released. Hutch was 60-years old. He was born Willie McKinley Hutchison in 1946 in Los Angeles, but was reared in Dallas, where he released his first debut solo single, "Love Has Put Me Down." Hutch put out his first album in 1964 and went on to produce and write a number of albums. In 1970, record producer Hal Davis asked Hutch to help finish off a song he desperately needed completed for the Jackson 5. That song was "I'll Be There." The Jackson 5 recorded Hutch's version the next day, and it eventually became one of the group's early hits. It also led to Motown head Berry Gordy hiring Hutch as a songwriter-producer for other Motown artists on a regular basis. News Channel 3 (Memphis TN) spoke to Hutch's band leader shortly after the news of his death broke overnight. Luke Weathers remembers Hutch as a musical genius and exceptional songwriter.Hutch also wrote the entire album for the 70's movie "Foxy Brown", and produced albums for Michael Jackson and Smokey Robinson. He even wrote a song for the soundtrack to the movie "Hustle and Flow". Hutch's back-up band for the last two years, "7 Down" lives in Memphis. News Channel 3 also spoke to Willie Hutch's manager, Anthony Voyce, early this morning by phone. "I've never met a more generous and caring person to have been around. To have a man to have been around like that, is amazing. We're going to miss him". Family and friends are not saying exactly how Willie Hutch died late last night.