What kind of setup do you have?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
what do you have in your car? Post up pics if possible
I got:
two 10" Kicker 07CVR104 subs
a Rockford Fosgate p250X2 amp pushing the subs
A Kicker ZX350 4 channel amp pushing my door speakers/components (makes it very loud and clear)

6.5 boston accoustics in the back
Stock components in the front, i plan on upgrading soon

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Sold my subs a few months back; looking to start all over. Kept my deck, though...

I'm going to need to put the third-row seat back in my Navigator, so I'm limited on space back there. Thinking of doing just 1 12" sub, so I'm going for something a little tougher. I was thinking of those JL w7's, but they're so fucking expensive, and an amp to push that shit...who knows, though?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I have a full Power Acoustik system. It consists of:

2 12" PW3 subs rated @ 2400w per
2 6"x9" PR series in the rear deck rated @ 290w per
2 4"x6" PR series in the rear doors rated @ 120w per
2 4"x6" PR series in the front doors rated @ 120w per
1 PS2 Amplifier rated @ 2600w

And I have a Pioneer deck. The system is wild when hitting low low bass and mids, but it lacks in crisp highs. I'm probably going to move to Memphis soon, though, so it doesn't matter. This system is in my Impala. I'm not sure what's going to go in the T/A. I might just stick this stuff in it when I make the switch to Memphis in the spring.

Banned
Nov 2, 2004
2 12" sony xplod in a bandpass box
2 6 1/2" back speakers
2000 watt amp

and also 2 15" kickers i got for real cheap i mess with once in awhile but they're too big for my car so right now i have them in my closet.

Sep 4, 2002
2-6x9 - Infinity
I cant remember what size the front speakers are on a 87-93 mustang but those are all Inifinty

Alpine deck MP3 ETC..

1- JL Audio 12W3v2
700watt alpine amp

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
here is mine

Panasonic 7105 deck with Ipod hooked up using RCA AUX input too 2.5MM jack adapter.

two Cerwin Vega Vmax 12.4 Dual 4ohm Subs. 600W RMS a peace.

Slot ported subwoofer box with grill covers.

Pioneer 6x9s all the way around. (four total)

Power Acoustik 200w RMS NB-2 tweets custom install in the front side panels.

Hifonics BXI1606D 1600w RMS D class amp running at 1Ohm powering the subs. (on the left)

Hifonics Txi4008 100w RMS x2 running the four 6x9s and 2 tweeters. (on the right)

Kole Audio C4D 4Farad cap with digital volt meter.

Extreme Dynamat install in entire trunk with minimal exposed on the underside of the trunk by the light. The rest is covered under carpet.

Both amps have custom wood and carpeting done to mold to the shape of the left and right hand side of the trunk panels. All system is done with a blue LED theme in mind. Amps light up blue with HIFONICS symbol and panasonic deck lights up blue. Kole Audio cap lights up blue as well.

Banned
Nov 2, 2004
yeah, that looks nice. your trunk doesn't even look like it has all the wires and cables and everything that goes along with it, they made it look easy. im glad i clicked on this thread since you reminded me of a few things i want to add. i want to get an ipod or mp3 player based on my cd's constantly skipping lately whenever the bass hits. and i need some new speakers for the front. infinity were the loudest ones i remember hearing so ill probably mess with those too. if you know of some that are better then please recommend it.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
hey whats crackin homies, this is the homie jeff who did that install. just a few tid bits for u fellas on ur install when installing a highs amp do not run the RCA's near ur power cable for it can transfer noise into ur rca cables for the highs amp. also its not always about the most expensive speaker u can purchase is the best. i have in-expensive speakers inside my car that are pioneer knock offs and sound just as good. also if u have subs in ur trunk lookin into putting CAPS on ur highs. whatever ur cross over on ur amp misses as far as bass the caps will block out. doing that will take away and bass ur highs will play since that is 90% of the reason as to why peoples speakers blow up. no bass goin to ur highs equals longer life for ur car speakers. before u install any highs in the rear area of a car take masking tape or duct tape and tape up the vents on the speakers really well. you do that becuz when ur subs hit in the trunk and u got good bass the bass will over drive the cone on ur 6 1/2 or 6x9 or whatever size speaker thats in the rear deck lid and youll be replacing them shortly after. make sure u double ground ur battery at the battery that will help the battery out.

Mar 9, 2008
aww yes they finally approved me lol. anyhow heres my 2 cars with their setups.

04 kia spectra
Planet Audio P900dvd indash DVD player W/ 7 inch monitor,
2 sets of Precision Audio 6 1/2s(pioneer knock-offs)
pair of NB-1 tweeters.
2 cerwin vega 12's dual 4 ohm in a slot loaded box,
1- hifonics merlin class D amplifier @ 1ohm,
1- hifonics falcon amp for the highs.
1- 1.25 farad scorpion capacitor.
1- dynomat extreme bulk pack in the trunk. top of trunk lid is double layered and the rest of the trunk is single layered.
2- cold cathode light fans. 1 over each amplifier to keep them cooler in the summer.

Mar 9, 2008
now in my 86 regal i have:

1- panasonic 802
1- nb-1 Tweeters
1- pair of planet audio 3 1/2's
1- pair of precision audio 6 1/2
1- farenheit cl-600 for the highs (mounted behind box)
1- hifonics merlin class D (mounted behind box)
2- cerwin vega 10's dual 4 ohm
1- Boss 1.25 farad capacitor
1- dynomat extreme bulk pack. (double layered on trunk lid and single layer in the rest of the trunk) along with rubberized undercoatin in the trunk prior to installing the dynomat
3- hydraulic pumps (1-piston pump, 2 stock pumps)
9- group 31 batteries