Some help on a specific sub

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I just came up on a 12" sub, and I'm not familiar with the brand. I believe it's an SPL (brand name), and here's a couple of pictures. I've searched, but haven't come up with anything (negative or positive) so far. I'm in the process of putting a system back into my SUV, but with limited space, I can only fit 1 12" in a small box (which I have)...and I got an exceptionally made box, fully carpted off a guy, and this sub was in it. Trying to decide if it's worth keeping or not.

**Edit, not actual sub; I found these on cardomain.com, and they were the best pictures I could find.

Thanks for any help.

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
Dump that shit and cop an Fi BL bruh easily hit 135dbs if you go up and cop a FI BTL you can easily hit 145-150DB on termlab..

I used to have SPL subs with the SPL amps.. shit is garrrbed especially when you think you slappin until you here a cheap bestbuy kenwood setup and its beating harder than your shit..

so cop a FI BTL or FI BL (Highly recommend the BL if you prefer SOUND QUALITY WITH SPL (dont get it twisted it shit will still knock ) but if you love heavy bass GET THE BTL)

http://ficaraudio.com <--to order shit.

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
or cop any of the following they can be had for VERY cheap so look / shop wisely.

ALPINE TYPE-R / TYPE-X (500/1000watts rms)
Kicker CVX (1000watts RMS)
MTX T8512-44 (500watts rMS)
ORION H2 12'' ( i highly recommend these bruh ive tested wired to 2 amps these subs handle 2,000watts rms plus more EASILY)

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
Thanks...I was looking at those Type-R's; I might grab one. What about the Type-X? I don't see those much...
The type-r's you can't go wrong with

they're underrated at 500RMS but i've seen type-rs take 1,000RMS continuously.

the Type-X's are great as well

underrated at 1,000RMS but like before i've seen type-x's take 2,000RMS continuously and they get louder than CVX's and Pioneer Premiers.

just make sure you set your gains with a DMM (digital multimeter) if you need any help just ask.

and turn your bass boost Off on your amp and just use the bass boost knob for whenever you want that extra kick and you'll be straight..

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I have an older type R and it is rated at 300W RMS and it is taking a little over that. It sounds nice and the amp I have delivers the specified wattage not like a lot of other amps that say one thing and do another. The sub clips if I turn the gain up anymore than I have it. You can get a brand new type R for $100 online so its a really good deal.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Oh and if you want to check out Fi subs you should check out Steve Mead he has a website and is currently building an Escalade with 8 Fi BTL 15's and 2 Rockford Fosgate TK15'S.