reccomend a good grown man system

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I'm about to come into some money and will be buying another car and will be wanting to put a stereo in it. I'm not trying to beat up the block and all that shit just good inside speakers 5 1/2s in the front 6x9s in the back. I was thinking of getting some kappas, I'm not gonna need a hard core amp to power those i wouldnt think.. any suggestions.. i'll be needing a deck too trying to keep it around 6 hundred tops

Aug 9, 2006
woofersetc.com
Memphis 15-MC69 - Memphis MClass 6 x 9" Coaxial Speakers (Pair)
Memphis 15-PRC5 - Memphis 5.25" 2 Way Coaxial Speakers (Pair)
Kicker ZX200.4 - Kicker 4 Ch 200 Watt ZX Series Amplifier

memphis speakers are extremly good IMO....ive been convinced and can vouch for em everytime....and that kicker amp is a decent price for what it is...ive had it before and it worked great with some JL highs i had back in the day

depending on what kind of deck you want the price is going to vary...ive had experience with this dvd one (if your looking into that)...its nothing special but the dvd helps if your travling more then 20 minutes a day IMO

VM9311TS - Jensen DVD/CD player with 7 Touchscreen Monitor Jensen VM9311TS - Jensen DVD/CD player with 7" Touchscreen Monitor
$249.99

Oct 20, 2008
check out www.ikesound.com

they got some refurbished items on there for cheap. I got my kicker l7 from them about 2 years ago with no problems.

I would go with some jl interior speakers personally and get an amp of craigslist. One of 4 channel JL monoblock amps. I have had three different monoblock amps and they have all been great.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
ya mooreblock is correct. I have not heard of a 4 channel mono block amp either. Its one or the other. I dont think that is possible. Have a look at the link on JLs website.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=440

Also www.sonicelectronix.com has good prices for stuff too. I do agree with meltamic on ikesound.com I have bought from them. Be careful with shipping though. There packaging can be flimsy sometimes. Other than that there prices are great. I also like www.onlinecarstereo.com

Mar 9, 2008
I'm about to come into some money and will be buying another car and will be wanting to put a stereo in it. I'm not trying to beat up the block and all that shit just good inside speakers 5 1/2s in the front 6x9s in the back. I was thinking of getting some kappas, I'm not gonna need a hard core amp to power those i wouldnt think.. any suggestions.. i'll be needing a deck too trying to keep it around 6 hundred tops

if ur wanting to keep it descently priced...i would run some pioneer speakers inside the car..you wont need one that puts out a lot of watts..at most something in the range of 150W to 200w..cuz really you dont put that much power to highs anyways...favorite brand of decks i use and consistantly use are the panasonic decks..theyve never did me wrong...i suggest you purchase urself a quality deck and look for descent speakers....the most expensive speaker isnt necessary...in my kia i run a indash planet audio dvd player..i went with planet audio on that head unit cuz they have a 7 yr warranty..my 2 sets of 6.5s are knocks off of pioneer..they looks the same and have the same model numbers..my tweeters r NB-1s my choice of 2 amps are hifonics falcon which is 90w x2 @ 4ohms and 180w x 2 @2 ohms..and for my subs i have 2008 12' cerwin vegas wire down to 1 ohm and a hifonics merlin mono block amp 450 Watt D-Class Monoblock Amplifier RMS Power Rating: 200w x 4ohms 300w x 2ohms 450w x 1ohm...xraidedloc831 is my homie for many years and can vouch that this car is loud...without running all name brand equipment

then again in my lowrider i run a panasonic deck, with the same 6.5 pioneer knockoffs in the rear and 3.5 planet audios up front with again NB-1 tweeters...for the subs they are 2008 10's cerwin vega same hifonics merlin amplifier for the subs wire down to 1 ohm..on the highs i run a farenheit class X amplifer...in either of my 2 cars neither amps have kicked off on me once in 3 yrs ive had them...

Feb 2, 2006
kappas slap i had them when i was 16. they sounded so clear. clearest 6x9 speakers i ever heard and i heard a lot of speakers. if u were thinking bout copping them, do it.

theres clearer speakers maybe but infinity is pretty top notch for the price. get u some 6x9's and some components with the tweeters for the front u gonna drive around for hours for no reason

Oct 20, 2008
i thought all monoblock amps were one channel hence the word "mono"....where did i go wrong?

WTF?
my bad, ment to say 4 channel jl amp, and I have had 3 different jl mono block amps for my subs. I had 2 250/1 at one time then went to a 500/1. I had a 4 channel too and that thing was bad. I had it pushin some vr 6x9's and some other fronts I had. Shit screamed and the 6x9's rattled my trunk by themselves.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I was thinking of getting some kappas, I'm not gonna need a hard core amp to power those i wouldnt think.. any suggestions.. i'll be needing a deck too trying to keep it around 6 hundred tops
kappas slap i had them when i was 16. they sounded so clear. clearest 6x9 speakers i ever heard and i heard a lot of speakers. if u were thinking bout copping them, do it.

theres clearer speakers maybe but infinity is pretty top notch for the price. get u some 6x9's and some components with the tweeters for the front u gonna drive around for hours for no reason
No offense MALKI but maybe Kappas were good back when you were 16 but now days they are total crap. Go to Car Toys and listen to the Kappa's then listen to the cheapest bottom of the barrel Focal speakers, you'll thank me later.

It's been a while since I shopped around and listened to car audio. Just look for what fits your price range with these manufactures and you'll be fine. Remeber though that it doesn't matter how much you spend make sure you get things installed well and deaden your doors.

Deck: Alpine, or Eclipse

Speakers: Focal, Memphis, Phoenix Gold (RSd line is supposed to be amazing and they're cheap as fuck), Diamond, Image Dynamics, Rainbow (they have speakers that range from $150-$10,000)

Amp: Arc, Zapco, U.S. Acoustics, DLS

kevp

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2004
^^^I've rocked Alpine, Eclipse and JVC...and the Eclipse for me had the best sound quality, especially at high volumes. Alpines are a lot easier to navigate and sound amazing, but the Eclipse I had was unbelievable.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Kevp you ever messed with Mcintosh car audio? They good too but hella high end. The brands you keep mentioning are up there with them. I agree on your points although I dont think you need to spend this much to get some decent system for someone just starting out. If he is wanting to go all out then ya go with your recomendation.