problem with my beat

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
one day about 2 months ago i was listing to my music in my car and the music died and a horrible squelching sound came out of my speakers at all volumes and i had to turn it off. i took it to circuit city and they said that everything as far as my speakers and my wiring and my grounding was good but they switched amps and the system worked again. They didn't know what was wrong with the amp and told me to call MTX about it. I'm pretty pissed since my system was balanced well to handle andy load i give it and i dont even push the system that hard and my amp died after owning it for 4 years.

Anyone know what might be wrong with it? The amp was pretty expensive and pretty irreplacable MTX 5 channel amp that shouldnt have had any problems

Aug 9, 2006
similar incident happend to me after i hooked up my own beat in my first car.....but it was the deck...i couldnt figure it out and it happend kinda often....all i had to do was push my deck back and that usually fixed it.....i put some new R/As and never had the problem again....strange things can happen to systems and its usually the smallest thing

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
sounds like you mighta blown a capacitor or transistor.
is it worth dropping the bread to fix or am i gonna have to get a new amp? I live in AZ and they say the heat will kill your system, i didn't think that shit would happen that fast I hardly ever slam my shit and my shit was balanced well.

I'm sick of listining to a fuckin little boom box in my back seat lol, the heat fried the cd player on it after like a week so all i have is the radio

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
MY co worker had this to say on the issue.

Problem number 1: It’s MTX equipment. Garbage! [M]ade [T]o [X]plode

Number 2….. It is probably the line level inputs. I would reconnect it all and see it the noise is still there. If it is then open up the amp(after disconnecting) and check for loose bits in there shorting out. If it is not that then one of the caps may be leaking.( very common on MTX) It the second case…. You are screwed! You can always send it to MTX for repair. Usually costs between $100 -$150

Number 3
You have had it for over four years. What are you complaining about? Four years is a respectable amount of time to have an audio system without problems. You also say it was well balanced to handle any load. Says who? There is no such thing as well balanced to handle any load.

Feb 8, 2003
is it worth dropping the bread to fix or am i gonna have to get a new amp? I live in AZ and they say the heat will kill your system, i didn't think that shit would happen that fast I hardly ever slam my shit and my shit was balanced well.

I'm sick of listining to a fuckin little boom box in my back seat lol, the heat fried the cd player on it after like a week so all i have is the radio
dID YOU CHECK YOUR RCA PLUGS AND make sure your ground wire is still bolted or secured to the cars metal. and check the red power wire and make sure its still attached to the amp(bc sometimes if a power wire losens up and is exposed to the remote wire or ground wire output of teh amp it will spark and shut down or even blow a fuse)

If you can find a electronic shop that specialize in the name brand then it would be worth fixing they wont charge you more then 150.

Yea heat will over heat your amp. If you get a new amp Get a amp with a build in fan and dont bridge(mono) your speaker wiring if its not a huge amp.

Jan 5, 2006

depends where you go, this requires troubleshooting and tracing circuits to locate the actual problem, could be something fried since you said heat mighta had something to do with it. First thing you can do.. if its not under warranty anymore go ahead and open it up.. see if anything is VISIBLY blown or broken.. if not then maybe have a shop check it out anyways.