Little Help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 4, 2005
What's up.

I am looking at getting the Eclipse 5423 model with a 6 disc cd changer. My question is, I can't really find out anywhere if it fits my 1987 Jeep Cherokee. Does anyone know if I would need a special cage made for it?

Also I am looking into getting some Image Dynamic subs. What would be the best amp to power them? I don't know the RMS, but the total for em and the box is like 180 at a hock shop here by me.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
In-dash stereo
7-3/4" depth; Size code E

Front speakers
Front Door: 5-1/4"

Rear speakers
Tailgate: 5-1/4"

Got this from crutchfield.com I couldn't find what size the stereo is that you are talking about but all decks are measured by din your normal deck is single din then they have 1.5 din and double din which is usually like a unit with a navigation screen on it.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
E
"Euro-DIN" stereos attach from the front through the 2" tall rectangular hole in the dash, sliding into a metal sleeve that attaches to the front of the dash.

This is what it said the E stood for mine came up as E too I know that my stock deck is 1.5 Din so I think it should be the same but I am not sure.

edit: Nevermind the E just means that you can fit a single din in it since a double din has a 4" tall opening.