Help with stock subwoofer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I have a 2001 Lincoln Navigator. When I had my system installed, I was told that the installer would need to disconnect (I think he used that word) my stock sub and amp for some reason. I went along with it...I had 2 12's, so what did I need that for?

LOL

Now, I've removed my system to make room for my 3rd row seat (babies take up a lot of room, especially when you have 3 of them), and I'd like to get that working again, so I'm not just working with the door speakers. I plan on putting in maybe 1 12" in a few months, but this no bass thing is killing me...

I've tried searching for it online, but can't seem to find anything. Any ideas?

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
NM...I got it.

What I was saying was...

When I had my system installed, the stock sub and amp were disconnected for whatever reason (by the tech), and weren't used at all. They were still in the truck, in the side panel, but were not in connected, I guess. I took my system out, and wanted to hook the stock system (sub and amp) back up, but didn't know how. Finally got ahold of someone today who knew what they were talking about, and was informed that, more than likely, the wires were spliced and disconnected, and the stock amp was bypassed...so in other words, I'd have to bring it in and get it repaired. LOL...$60 bucks an hour, for 2 hours...

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo to make a long story short, I decided to just buy a single 12" and an amp to power it. Hopefully I can get one that'll pound in a small enclosure, as I'm limited in space now.

So yeah...thanks anyways.

Nov 2, 2002
oh coo...
you should look into one of those shallow subs.......kicker makes one, pioneer makes one, and some others

Mar 9, 2008
if u kept the stock deck in the car more than likely what they did was use a hi-low converter and either used ur back speakers to create the left and right rca signal or used the subwoofer speaker wiring. which wouldnt be too smart since its a single channel.