Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2002
May 4, 2002
Yeah, I got it at a Cabellas in Glendale, AZ
i went to Cabellas for the first time last year in NV and fell in love. i couldnt believe all the kinda shit u could buy there.

in CA you cant just walk up to a gun rack and pick up any rifle you want..

if i buy a gun online can i just get it shipped to say "big 5" and buy it there after the 10 day waiting period?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
i went to Cabellas for the first time last year in NV and fell in love. i couldnt believe all the kinda shit u could buy there.

in CA you cant just walk up to a gun rack and pick up any rifle you want..

if i buy a gun online can i just get it shipped to say "big 5" and buy it there after the 10 day waiting period?
I think you can get guns shipped to any licensed gun store that you buy online. Just gotta work it out with the gun store. Not sure if a place like Big 5 does it though. A regular mom and pop gun shop should though.

May 4, 2002
Been ordering from and going to Cabela's since age 12. That's cool you found it.

The craziest thing about buying guns in Cali is you can legally buy them at a gun show with no waiting time
i just read about how that is illegal now. ammo and guns bought face to face have to be done through a certain process now.

ive been to gun shows / around guns since i was a kid, my first time shooting a gun was at 9 or 10. ( i couldnt imagine handing my 9 year old son a gun to shoot)

May 4, 2002
The process for buying a gun in California at a gun show is exactly the same as it is it any California gun store. First you must fill out the the same Federal Form that you would have to gun store and pass the background check. Second you must wait 10 days to gain possession of the gun the same as if buying it from a gun store. There are no exceptions for transferring guns between individuals you must go through a licensed federal firearms dealer passed the background check and wait 10 days to take possession.

May 4, 2002
The same applies for gun sales on the internet, there are no exceptions, you must go through the same process. Your purchase must be sent to a California FFL dealer. Then you must pass the same paperwork and background check you would if you bought any other gun directly from the dealer and wait 10 days before picking up the firearm.

May 4, 2002
believe me i think the laws in ca are bullshit.

i remember back in 02 going and buying cases of 9mm rounds for $20.. yeah try that now, they gotta see your ID, take some DNA and resister those bullets to your home address and ask for your mothers maiden name and birth place before you can buy it.

May 4, 2002
one time a group of my friends went to buy ammo at walmart and they made a big ass deal about how much ammo we were buying. ( a sale =s profit)

we all had different caliber guns, which requires different ammo.

insted of being a quick 10 min trip it turned out to be an hour long deal asking why we needed all this ammo ect. needless to say we never went back there.

i guess a buncha white guys and 2 "non whites" sent up red flags after 9/11 lol

Last edited: