Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
see this is the problem. from reading posts some people say you dont even need an i7 for gaming and an i5 (whatver gen) is just as good.
Depending on the game you play your cpu can actually bottleneck your graphics card if it isn't good enough.

i5's are good if you get a good i5

My system is 2 and a half years old now, I put an i5 4670k which is actually better than some i7's, but higher end i7's are worth it for future proofing.

I'm probably gonna build a new system within 6 months and definitely gonna grab a good i7. Newer graphics cards are running away from being able to use even higher end i5's.

There's that old saying of you get what you pay for and something you're gonna want to use for years you might as well spend the extra $100 on one of the two most important components.

Jun 21, 2016
That 1050 graphics card is wack and a waste of money, I'd go with a minimum 1060 if you're budget is around $1000

Also go with an SSD instead of a hard drive and get at least a 600w power supply.

This one comes in at $973, I just put a random case that was $39 for a price point cause you can get a grip of cases for around that price that are good.

System Build - Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6G... - PCPartPicker
The card is not wack, it will run everything just not maxed out. You don't need 600w, that system uses much less. That case is GOAT for the price because of the removable dust filters mang.

Besides he said 1k, yours is almsot 1k with no monitor, no keyboard no mouse no cd rom no sound card.

#SimpleScience. Chest not checcers.

Jun 21, 2016
see this is the problem. from reading posts some people say you dont even need an i7 for gaming and an i5 (whatver gen) is just as good.
A lot of games are CPU intensive, that would be the highest priority in terms of what to build around. Higher clock rate is better for games, lower with 6 core would be better for multiple applications.

Jun 21, 2016
I'm probably gonna spend around $1600 on my next system and half of that is gonna be the graphics card lol probably gonna get a 1080 Ti which run around $700.

Then like $600 for 2 4k monitors.
I was finally getting around to upgrading, then I needed another root canal and that's 1.5k down the fucking drain. I might just rip the fucking thing out for $150

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
The card is not wack, it will run everything just not maxed out. You don't need 600w, that system uses much less. That case is GOAT for the price because of the removable dust filters mang.

Besides he said 1k, yours is almsot 1k with no monitor, no keyboard no mouse no cd rom no sound card.

#SimpleScience. Chest not checcers.
1050 is wack, it won't even run mid range games at max now, imagine how shitty the card will be in 2-3 years. Spend an extra $100 on a 6GB 1060 and be good for the next 2-3 years.

also a 450w power supply will burn up with heavy use on a gaming rig, even with that weak 1050 card, why not pay the same for a 600w and not worry about it? lol

spend an extra $100-$150 and future proof, instead of being mediocre now with a shitty rig in 2 years.

I've read good things about those Ryzen cards, AMD finally stepping their game up.