Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Oh yea i probably should've warned people but there's a listeria recall for Sabra hummus InfamousICON @InfamousICON lol i got it printed on my QFC receipt like 4 times last week and each time forgot about it
lol again? Didn't Sabra go through this last year too?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh yea i probably should've warned people but there's a listeria recall for Sabra hummus InfamousICON @InfamousICON lol i got it printed on my QFC receipt like 4 times last week and each time forgot about it
When I was on the train going to Portland I hit up the snack cart to get a sandwich and they had those little containers of Sabra hummus that come with a lid full of pretzel chips on the menu board and I asked for one and dude told me they pulled them because of that and I was like fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu- I had literally killed like a half of thing of roasted red pepper hummus by them 5 nights before with some pita chips. Won't lie I lightweight thought I might be fucked for a minute but then when I told my mom she assured me if I had gotten listeria we wouldn't be on the train right then. Still was in the back of my mind for a couple days though that it was gonna creep up on me lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
fuck, I usually buy Tribe but been buying Sabra only because it's been on sale, guess I'm done with this shit now, recalls twice in a year tells me they're fucking up.
I just buy whatever is on sale and try to avoid thinking about what might be suspicious or not lol

Honestly hummus is one of those super simple things i should be making for myself but im too lazy, but mostly it's because if the batch sizes. I don't want to end up with like a gallon of hummus everytime i want it

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
How the hell does hummus get listeria? Isn't that from like melons or something? Like from cantaloupes usually because they sit on top of contaminated soil?
Sabra said they just found listeria in their processing facility. They said none of their hummus tested had any listeria in it, but they recalled just in case. My guess is the facility handled something else before it handled the hummus ingredients.