Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
To begin my response to this thread I must first utter the honorable words of my mentor which in all their glory come in the form of a pair:

Bong Bong

Two. Still? Really? Some of you are still bringing this up? The predictions here last year was that around this particular time nobody would give a fuck about this anymore. And yet here we are again, discussing this album that nobody supposedly gives a fuck about...

Lets get a few things clear. I'm not going to say why I presented this concept with RZA to the world. I have explained multiple times why we did what we did. And many of you refuse to believe it. That is fine. I honestly don't care.

Two. Do I give a fuck about Wu-Tang fans? Yes. Do I give a fuck about Wu-Tang fans like the kind on these boards here? Not anymore no. Some of you are definitely cool and open minded but many simply aren't. And that's fine. As one of you already mentioned, you feel so entitled to this album but I don't owe you shit. And from my perspective, RZA definitely doesn't owe anyone anything.

We did what we did because we believed in the concept 1000%. Just because the concept happened to bring a potentially big paycheck with it doesn't mean it's all about the money. Have you ever considered the position we'd be in if it didn't sell?? The risks of it not selling was always bigger than it actually selling. This is not a Picasso with a 300 year historic investment guideline that one can rely on upon purchase. This has never been sold before, there is no history of evaluation, devaluations, no guidelines, no promises of a good investment. Add to it the continuous risk of a leak that would devalue the whole thing immediately. You better believe that most of our talks with the interested parties was about safe guarding their investment and not how great this idea was. The props for the idea came from the art, music and film world.

So what did I get out of it? Well, we made history first. In the Guinness Book Of Records, the most expensive album of all times is a Wu-Tang Clan album, and not the previous record holders Elvis and The Beatles.

Two, we inspired an important debate about the value of music which lead to artists being more creative with their music releases. I don't care if it was 2 or 5 of them, we received lots of praise for inspiring creation. That means nothing to you, but quite a heap to me.

Three, we managed to bring a press relevancy back to the Clan not achieved since 1997. Upon publication of our concept with Forbes, it was for the first time ever that the Clan trended internationally on both Twitter and Facebook. We trended again with the 88 year clause. And again with Martin being revealed as the buyer. This media interest also benefited the promotion for A Better Tomorrow, albeit it didn't result in sales numbers.

Which brings me to Four. Financially, way more money was made selling one copy than if we had sold 250.000 copies through regular channels. So yes, personally the finances were much better for everybody this way. This might not mean shit to you, but you're a fucking hypocrite if you're saying you wouldn't have done the same. It's all heroic to write on these boards that you would've given it to the people, but it's bullshit mate. Starting with a hefty investment that needs to be recouped. Would you go to work for 7 years for free, for the people??? Would you decline a promotion or salary raise when offered or potentially an opportunity? Fuck outta here with that nonsense. Everybody would've jumped at the chance. As everyone would logically do.

Five. Due to this unique concept and all the craziness around it, we got a great book deal. Book is written, scheduled for July 11, 2017. That means, the creativity of the concept lead to multiple sources of income.

Six. I cant speak on the 6th achievement, but you'll hear about it soon enough. Pretty unbelievable shit.

Conclusion. I am uber glad and proud to have pushed for this. It has benefited me personally a great deal and simultaneously injected an additional value to the brand I live under.

And yes Martin has already listened to the album, multiple times. I thought you guys had finally realized that he's king of Trolls.

But you know what. There's a new concept in the making. Another really interesting one. And if it works out, then that one will show whether you guys are really all this concerned about not having access to music, or if it's all hot air and boredom behind the PC.

Lets see.