Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
The modern research definitely helped, but if anything it just reduced the stigma around marijuana and made most of the public less reluctant to legalization.

40 years ago the majority of conservatives were claiming weed is the devil's pubic hair and smoking it will make you act like the girl in the exorcist. Today, most conservatives don't talk about and tend not to give a fuck either way.

But legalization is more of a result of the social impact of modern research, rather than of the research itself.
Modern research has NOT helped in a lot of ways, breh A) there is ZERO funding available for looking at the medical benifits of cannabis, and there are also restrictions on the legality of doing such reseatch to the point thats infintessimal. What DOES get funding is research into addiction in teens, the dangers to the developing brain, 'gateway drug' theory, etc. Look through the literature, I do it for a living, it's pretty lopsided. Most of the changes in the availability of studies have come AFTER medical/recreational laws have passed, not the other way around.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
But if you weigh up the profits from big pharma and the new commercial cannabis industry, the latter is probably now more profitable. There's not just the weed itself, but the jobs in all the related industries; glass-makers, shop workers, delivery services, hydroponic equipment production, administrative work. Just look at Snakegang @Snakegang . He's part of the new economic miracle of marijuana legalization.

As for private prisons, they get kids on other shit these days. Just look at young people's music for example. It went from 'Love's Gonna Getcha' to 'In Love With The Coco'. And a lot of kids are dumb enough to listen to music like that and do what it says.

Snakegang @Snakegang is not part of big pharma, he is a successful small business owner, but he and everyone else in the industry aint at the lobbying congresslevel . And as for private prisons, your just wrong, the majority of offenders are still in for small time drug offenses, most commonly weed involved.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Man they have a video where they are giant blunts in a part of it and that shit had me and my friends rollin the first time we saw it. Fuck that must have been in like 97 or 98 because I know I was already going to Scriber Lake alternative HS. We used to ditch class to watch Rap City and chief at my buddy's house because him mom was at work and they lived a few blocks from school.
had to be before 95 cuz thats when I got sent away.

Props: BUTCHER 206