Digital plug-in voltmeter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
just ordered a Green Cyberdyne Digital Plug-In Voltmeter off ebay 46$, anybody ever use one of these before? i cant figure out if my charge battery light is working correctly or not so i need to monitor my voltage, figured this would be the easiest route, plugs into cigarette lighter. cost a little mroe than a analog gauge but i didnt feel like wiring and mounting an analog, and digital would be easier to monitor while driving and beating. let me know if you know anything abuot these,
and ill tell you how good it works when i get it

should just plug in like this

face looks like this but green (was the cheapest lol)

Aug 24, 2003
well it doesnt fit into the cigarette socket in my caddy because the plug is in the ashtray at at angle, so i had to buy a little adapter plug (usb charger slot too lol) but this voltage gauge works good. i put it in with the key turned but not started and gives you the battery voltage, then when the car is running it gives you what voltage you're charging at. i'm about to go plug it into a buddies car to see if his battery is dead. the thing is a lifesaver for me because im not too sure on my charge battery light indicator being trustworthy and this is a sure bet.

im going to have my electrician buddy look at the power ratings on it to see if having it plugged in for extended amounts of time could possibly damage it. so far this was a great investment