componet systems....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 9, 2006
which are sum of the best componet systems on the market? ive been looking at the memphis and its 2 6.5s and the tweets for 2 bills.....

id need two sets so it would run me 4 bills plus instaltion

any other have better options? around the price range....

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
From other thread

$200 is not going to cut it. Save your money, wait a couple months and get something you can enjoy for a while.

I'm a big fan of Focal component speakers. Even the low end Focal's will sound better then some of the other garbage that's out there that's twice as expensive if not more. (Stay away from Infinity)

What ever you decide to go with, take my advice GET DYNAMAT!!! At least in the doors. Trust me it will totally increase the SQ in your speakers. Dynamat can make speakers sound a lot better then they really are.

FYI Diamond is also a bad ass brand.
:siccness:

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
i was talking about 2 bills for a pair.......which would equal 4 bills total........

memphis no good in the componet speaker game? ive heard good things from them from the shops around here.....
Yeah I've read some good things about these Memphis Speakers but I've never heard them. I was doing some digging and was finding a lot of people saying that these are even better though, and they're under you're budget. If you go with these that will save you some extra money to deaden your doors.

Aug 9, 2006
another question........since i have 4 6.5s total id but two pair......does that mean there going to hook up all four tweeters? or do they just hook up two....

i guess it all depends on my say? i have a 02 trailblazer and dont want anything thats not going to hide easily.......

anybody have any experince with the trailblazer?

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Trust me you'll want all four tweeters hooked up. The tweeters even out the sound with the mids. If you don't have tweeters it will sound like shit in the back. If you get it professionally installed they'll have no problem keeping all your speakers hidden.

FYI:
Great speakers + crappy install + doors not deadened = Shitty sound

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
aye one more question the amp i got (bought it off my boy) is a kicker kx250.2

is that to much for componets system listed?

thanks for your help deep.....greatly appiercated
No problem dude.

Unfortunately though I have to step aside for this question. When it comes to Amps/Decks and the watts/volts/ohms and shit I never could really grasp the concept of it all so I leave it up the people that know what they're talking about.

If you don't get any feedback on here or you're bored and want to brush up on your car audio knowledge I'd recommend going here. Search through old threads or PM some of the guys that obviously know what they're talking about and you'll be good to go.

I don't think I've ever heard of an amp being "too much" for speakers though. Good luck, let me/us know if you have anymore questions and please let us know how it sounds when shit comes together.